Ps3 Playing Ps2 Games On Th-37px60eh

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by stevefoz, May 1, 2007.

1. stevefoz

stevefoz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic TH-37PX60EH plasma, when i use my ps3 connected by HD cable i get a full screen, when i put a ps2 disc in my ps3 i get black borders either side of the screen i have tried changing the aspect ratio of the tv ie: 16.9 4.3 zoom 1,2 and 3 but they are either to big and cut of part of the screen or the borders are still there.:mad:

obviously i'm worried about screen burn where the borders are, when i play ps3 title everything is fine, any idea's how to rectify this, thanks in advance :cool:

2. lapino

lapino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Got the same thing on both Pioneer plasma and Sony LCD tv. Guess it's a(nother) problem needed to be fixed by Sony.

3. drkellogg

drkellogg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this has something to do with the PS3 not upscaling the PS2 games and also some problem with PS2 overscan.
    It's the same thing on my TH-37PV60E. PS3 displays PS2 games exactly the same way the PS2 did (PS2 also shows black borders on most HD TV sets).

By the way, don't you get image retentions from playing games? When I play for example about an hour I get image retentions where the static displays were (like speed displays). The image retention does go away but only after one or two hours of normal tv watching.

4. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi

Not sure why this happenning for you, I had a 37"PE30B panny and both PS2 and PS3 games played full screen on. I have changed TV to a 42"px70 and still get full screen on PS2 and PS3 games,

Dont want to make stupid suggestions but I take it you have set to 16:9 in PS3 menu and set to widescreen on all PS2 games,

What connection are you using, I have connected via HDMI and before TV change was connected with component.

As for screen retention, I havnt seen retention on either TV, I did "shame to admit" play in dynamic on PE30 and never had a problem, PX70 at the mo is wound down on all settings as im running in but still have not had an issue, PS3 was first thing to switched on new tv as well. Guy who delivered and installed wanted to see it, we were bothsat with jaws on floor at the Teken opening FMV

5. thefunkmiester

thefunkmiester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Toshiba 37WLT66, When I played GTA:SA I got the black borders either side but changing the game to widescreen and the tv to wide made everything look normal. I admit this is the only game i have played but it worked fine with a little fiddling.

6. stevefoz

stevefoz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies, it's good to hear that its not just my tv that has this problem :rolleyes: ..... i use hdmi connection, has for setting the ps2 games on wide screen where do i do that on the game itself or is it a setting in the ps3 menu :confused: like i say all my ps3 games are fine but pro evolution 6 and tiger woods 2007 ps2 version have the borders ........ there must be a cure for this, if i plug my ps2 into the panny TH-37PX60EH plasma, its the same problem , yet if i plug it into my sanyo 32'' normal widescreen its full screen :confused: any idea's guys ???:lease:

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    On PS2 games you normally go into the game menu and change the settings there, most have an option for widescreen or normal,

Hope this helps.

8. thefunkmiester

thefunkmiester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know there are known issues with Pro Evo 6, not sure about Tiger Woods Though..There is, somewhere in the forum a compatibility list. Will try and find it.

Found it - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510137&page=3

9. stevefoz

stevefoz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think it's an issue with the tv rather than the ps3, pro ev 6 and tiger woods (ps2 games)play really well on my ps3 since the 1.70 firmware update, its just the black border issue, i find if there something like star trek on sky one its full screen but if i go to sky one HD chanel it has borders on the same program, but anything new like ''lost'' does'nt have borders on sky one HD. same prob with ps3 games they are all full screen yet on the same settings i put a ps2 game in and i have borders......... does not make sense to me maybe someone could shed light on this for me, thanks again for any idea's. :smashin: