ps3 or xbox

xbox or ps3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have both. Problem is with games only on one platform, ie Forza and Uncharted.

There is no best. PS3 offers Blu-Ray of course, and free online play.

so surely if the the same apart from free online, blue ray, the ps3 is better! also forgot better and more exclusives!!!! xbox as no games

pug206206 said:
which offers the best ?

What use do you want out of it ??

Ive had both so in my opinion if you will mainly game online I would go with the 360
If you want a bit of everything get the ps3

Both great consoles ,the choice is yours :)

You sound like Sony fanboy. The GPU in the PS3 is very low end, Sony rushed it. I do think (ignoring when a game is 1080p) Xbox games look better. GT5 looks great in places but it has slow down (vsync tearing) But then it looks terrible in other places.

Anyway both are pants. PC is best.

Berties said:
You sound like Sony fanboy. The GPU in the PS3 is very low end, Sony rushed it. I do think (ignoring when a game is 1080p) Xbox games look better. GT5 looks great in places but it has slow down (vsync tearing) But then it looks terrible in other places.

Anyway both are pants. PC is best.

Who me ?

No pug.

Also usually when multi-platform titles are released, out of xbox or PS3, it's usually better on Xbox.

Ok mate I thought you meant me :)

My experience when having both, black ops was unplayable for me on the ps3 so got a 360 and gaming online is much more enjoyable. Certain don't miss multiple connection losses per night!!
Never used the ps3 for anything else after that so it went as already have bluray player

Got both and both have their merits and disadvantages. I probably play them the same amount, (weeks on one and then weeks on the other), but i if was absolutely pushed i would go for the 360 quite simply because the Pad is bigger and better suited to my hands and the graphics just seem sharper and brighter in just about every game. But i'm splitting hairs here as there really is nothing between them for a gamer.

Like Berties though i'm a PC gamer first and foremost so it makes no difference to me.

Trying to decide which to go for myself. It will be for gaming but not online. Mainly for my daughter who is 5 and me! So, not sure which to go for.

Whats this red ring of death problem with the xbox or has that been resolved?

resolved in as much as the slim 360 physically cant show a red ring but I suppose could technically fail, the same as the ps3 ylod. The hardware runs a lot cooler now they have totally redesigned the console to have 1 chip with the mother of all heatsinks on it.

tbh for a 5yr old, its either a wii or a 360 and Kinect I would imagine (not seen much for ps3 move tbh but not looked). I would check the sub forums on both as I think a lot of members here have these for kids that age and can give you a better idea.

the ps3 and 360 both look great and I really doubt you would feel cheated with either tbh.

I have only a 360 in the interest of fair advice.

I have 1 x 250GB slim 360, 1 x 60GB 360, 1 x 120GB PS3 & 1 x 320GB PS3. PS3 has by far the better media side of things with blu ray, vidzone, IPlayer etc etc etc. However gaming side of things isnt the greatest. A few excellent exclusives (Uncharted for example) a few semi good (Killzone etc) and the rest are a bit pap and the majority of games look better on 360 (thats a fact based on numerous tests by various companies and not just opinion). Also the controller is guff and the install and update times are, quite frankly, a joke! Ability to use 3rd party hardware is excellent also. Have always had a lot of crashing issues with every PS3 I've had (I've sent 2 back prevously) and I believe this to be the norm

360 nowhere near as good on media, though I think they are trying to address this but dvd alone limits it. Gaming wise the exclusives are generally brilliant, far easier to just pick up and play and multi-platform generally look better. Controller IMHO is far superior in every way, its comfy, better weight and feels more responsive though the external battery is a bit rubbish though I can see the positives in that admittedly. Poor you have to buy official only, I'd like the choice personally as sometimes 3rd party stuff is better. Only crashing issues I've experienced have been relatively rare and tend to relate to certian games pre-updates. Also ability to play numerous older games on all of the consoles was a pro to buying originally - not so much now mind

I'm playing PS3 more than ever lately due to joining a clan based mostly around PS3 but I'm championing the 360 on the forum and the number of dual console owners is now growing, so to me the 360 is the best of the 2

. Poor you have to buy official only, I'd like the choice personally as sometimes 3rd party stuff is better.

No you don't you can get 3rd party battery packs, mine was £2 and twice capacity of stock Microsoft rechargable pack.

Nice info. Thanks. Still undecided though, lol

Buy what most of your mates have, That's the only real factor to be honest. Games are so similar that's not an issue. Both controllers are good when get used to them (360's is better tho overall but the PS3's has better sticks)

Not all that long till the new 360 and PS either so up to you. XBL is better but need to pay so if can get good PS3 bundle and dont have Blu Ray player then mayb go for that till nxt gen. Either way u will be happy but get what ur friends have.imo

Im Lucky to have PC, 360 and PS3, Only really got my PS3 for exclusives but if didn't have it wouldn't have been able to join 6 mates in MW3 (what it's all about), just meant i had to learn FPS's again with a pad (PC player), was a struggle but loving it again. :smashin:

Dont have many mates with either! They all use the PC to game or use the Wii which we have.

No you don't you can get 3rd party battery packs, mine was £2 and twice capacity of stock Microsoft rechargable pack.

Yes you can get battery packs, I was actually thinking more along the lines of the wireless headsets/controllers/etc rather than batteries when I wrote that

To be fair, neither offers the best when it comes to gaming. You need a pc for that. When it comes to deciding between the two consoles, I really wouldn't know as I just own them both for the odd exclusive game that comes out on them. It is all down to what you want to use them for really as the ps3 has a blu ray drive, where as the 360 has a better range of online features.

yeah have to agree with cas fan, consoles are good, but PC's are great. Games are cheaper, and stupidly cheap on steam sale, better controls, are supported for longer (can even play point and click Lucasarts games now) Run higher resoultion with AA. No problems with annoying DLC and transferring, no problem if component goes down don't lose content/saves.

only thing against PC's for me is price/constant upgrading/maintenance....

consoles on the other hand is 1 (low compared to PC's) price and works out the box!!

for me its 360 far and above, although i have both (and work in IT)...:D

Well I have both and unless blu ray and a few exclusives interest you like uncharted id go with the 360. Games look a tad better at times, better pad (although I dont mind the PS3 pad) and overall think the dashboard and overall experience is a bit more lively. The PS3 dashboard is a bit dull compared to the 360 imo.

The PS3 is bettet in regards to media playback and god I love my blurays.

If its just pure gaming you want and not fussed about media playback then go 360. If you do want better media features go PS3.

it is a fallacy that you always have to upgrade pc stuff, if you buy well now it should be ok for 2 to 3 years imo.

even then i suspect all it will need then is a new graphics card.

That being said if i had to choose i would still take my xbox over my pc.

the ps3 has a few great exclusives, and is a bluray player but for a games machine i feel the xbox is the winner. it has its own aaa exclusives and for the most part the multiformat titles are better on xbox.

you have to play to play online which sucks, but the whole online and social aspect of the xbox is better than the ps3.

Dont let the sony hype machine fool you that it is massively higher specced than the xbox either. whilst both pale compareed to a pc, what the ps3 gains in terms of processing power, the xbox pulls back with a superior gpu and far superior memory architecture. all in all imo its a tie on the hardware.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom