PS3 Online Gaming

Andy Mack

Standard Member
Reaction score
hey its coming up to my birthday and was thinking about a ps3 but i really want to be able to play games online(used to play socom online on the ps2). Is the PS3 any good for online games? I know xbox has xbox live and its pretty good but what about the playstation.

Thanks

Andy

Its alright.....

only Kidding! Its fantastic!:rotfl:

COD4 online is great, currently at 105 hours of online play. Yes the 360 has COD4, but you save a few bob by going PS3 for the annual cost for online action....free!

Dont forget SOCOM Confrontation (or what ever the title is) is coming in September.:clap:

i was really interested in Madden 08 being online. and GT4.

can you play on the US servers with an imported game on a uk ps3?

Forgetting xbox live for a min please.

The ps3 online service pees all over the ps2 service from a very big height. :)

The online PS3 is great! I remember playing R6V with the old AVF clan back in 2007 and it was a great laugh online and played really smooth! Same with Warhawk great little online shooter and playes really well online! Haze also looks like a good shooter for the PS3 which is coming out this year sometime so that should be good!

I have COD4 on the 360 and the online is fantastic. Since COD4 came out I bought it for my XBOX. The PS3 has only been turned on for updates and the odd dog fight on Warhawk now and then which keeps me smiling! All in all PS3 online is great and its free however it has its problems now and then :thumbsup:

Wondered the same thing myself.

I'm a bit worried about starting it because of the other better people on there that have been playing longer.

How is this aspect of it?

Wondered the same thing myself.

I'm a bit worried about starting it because of the other better people on there that have been playing longer.

How is this aspect of it?

You would get this with every single online game ever made. COD4 online for example - took me about 90 mins & X deaths before I got a single kill when I started. You will always find people better than yourself, likewise you will always find people not as experienced - again going back to COD4 in nearly every game room I see between about 1-4 very low ranked players, new people are joining the game all the time.

You would get this with every single online game ever made. COD4 online for example - took me about 90 mins & X deaths before I got a single kill when I started. You will always find people better than yourself, likewise you will always find people not as experienced - again going back to COD4 in nearly every game room I see between about 1-4 very low ranked players, new people are joining the game all the time.

That's OK then, should be able to hack it then.:thumbsup:

Always thought the online was great, honestly think its abit unfiar to compare it to xbox live because of the annual cost but in the summer or autumn we should get Home (maybe winter), in game messaging, movie and video downloads etc... I think Sony has alot of plans for Playstation network and if it stays free, i'm all ears :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom