PS3 online gaming

AaronW

What is the online gaming like on PS3? Can you get a gamertag and browse the online stuff like you can with Xbox live?

dgjlee

It's pretty much the same.. Create you account which is your tag and enjoy... Resistance is excellent on-line... very fast and no lag

F

fdxd

Online has been great. Rsistance deserves praise for its implementation despite being a launch game.

lentini

The gaming side of it is great so far but the actual online implimentation of it is complete tosh compared to XBox Live

dgjlee

Why do you think this? If anything I have better experaicnes with PS3 online than my 360?

The gaming side of it is great so far but the actual online implimentation of it is complete tosh compared to XBox Live

Jim_Fear

I must admit the PS3 gaming is currently more like PC gaming than a unified system like live, it lacks the social interlinking element but good thing is the high price of the PS3 filters out all the little kids going "lol 1 r fkin 1337 u got 0wned!! f4g!"

jazz lang

Standard Member
Hey Aaron,

I have had a 360 from launch and I have to say that if it is community you are looking for then the 360 is a million times better. ie good friends list,private chat when you are playing games, great chat when you are in games, easy to join your mates games, all games chat compt, It is without a doubt the best for on-line friends.

Now the PS3, again I have had one from launch and it is a million times better at lag free gaming. I have played 38 player games of resistance and 0 lag. I doubt this is even possible on the 360 even when a game comes out that will support 38 players as there are none at the moment, I have not had any lag in games of motorstorm or F1 either. So if you want to play online and pure lag free gaming with no one to chat to then the PS3 is the way to go.

Summary, I feel that the 360 is the better system on-line at the moment as on-line is all about having a laugh with your friends and having a chat. And to be honest the lag is not bad at all Compared to when the 360 launched. But then you have to remember that live is 5 years old and the network is 5 months old. I know you asked about only the PS3 on-line but I thought I would give you a very quick brief on both if you still havn't bought a PS3. I hope it helps a bit?

Chiribo

I must admit the PS3 gaming is currently more like PC gaming than a unified system like live, it lacks the social interlinking element but good thing is the high price of the PS3 filters out all the little kids going "lol 1 r fkin 1337 u got 0wned!! f4g!"

How true, ohhh how true ^_^

winstano

It'll be interesting to see how this thread looks in a few months when Sony launches "home"... That looks like it could well be a formidable opponent to XBL

lentini

Hey Aaron,

I have had a 360 from launch and I have to say that if it is community you are looking for then the 360 is a million times better. ie good friends list,private chat when you are playing games, great chat when you are in games, easy to join your mates games, all games chat compt, It is without a doubt the best for on-line friends.

Now the PS3, again I have had one from launch and it is a million times better at lag free gaming. I have played 38 player games of resistance and 0 lag. I doubt this is even possible on the 360 even when a game comes out that will support 38 players as there are none at the moment, I have not had any lag in games of motorstorm or F1 either. So if you want to play online and pure lag free gaming with no one to chat to then the PS3 is the way to go.

Summary, I feel that the 360 is the better system on-line at the moment as on-line is all about having a laugh with your friends and having a chat. And to be honest the lag is not bad at all Compared to when the 360 launched. But then you have to remember that live is 5 years old and the network is 5 months old. I know you asked about only the PS3 on-line but I thought I would give you a very quick brief on both if you still havn't bought a PS3. I hope it helps a bit?

Agree totally.

I think the big difference is the way Microsoft approached this frrom the start. They gave the developers set standards and tools for them to follow and implement into their games so everything is unified. Sony just leave it up to the discretion of the developer.

TBH, if Sony want to compete in the online side of things with Microsoft, they need to buck up their ideas, unify everything and give the devs set standard to comply with or PSN will always be in the shadows.

...and I don't think Home will be the PS3's online saviour either, just a cash cow and a advertising revenue stream.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom