PS3 on laptop or pc screen...

HDMI to DVI if your pc screen has a DVI input. You may also need a screen thats HDCP compatible but as i dont own a PS3 someone else will need to confirm it

it has VGA but im not too sure about DVI.. is that only on recent monitors?
erm... not sure how long its been around to be honest but i remember buying a widescreen philips monitor about 4 years ago that had DVI

what about using a vga to dvi converter, then a dvi to hdmi converter? or is that too many connections? :confused:

what about using a vga to dvi converter, then a dvi to hdmi converter? or is that too many connections? :confused:
First of all someone needs to confirm if the PS3 needs an HDCP compatible monitor. If it does this can only be achieved over HDMI or DVI

The monitor has to have either a component connection or an HDCP compliant HDMI or DVI connection. I suspect using a VGA to DVI adapter isn't going to work as the DVI is digital and VGA is an analogue connection. You would need an expensive converter wwhich probably wouldn't be worth it. If it is a CRT monitor it's not likely to have a component, HDMI or DVI input unless it's a relatively new and expensive one.

Edit: By the way the laptop isn't gpoing to work as it has VGA input only.

You have you answer buddy... if you really need to use a pc monitor i would suggest taking a look at the samsung SM206BW. Its HDCP compatible and has a DVI socket so an HDMI to DVI cable would do the trick.

The monitor has to have either a component connection or an HDCP compliant HDMI or DVI connection. I suspect using a VGA to DVI adapter isn't going to work as the DVI is digital and VGA is an analogue connection. You would need an expensive converter wwhich probably wouldn't be worth it. If it is a CRT monitor it's not likely to have a component, HDMI or DVI input unless it's a relatively new and expensive one.

Edit: By the way the laptop isn't gpoing to work as it has VGA input only.

Try this:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=18166

approx £70, but if you already have a decent screen then it's cheaper than buying a new HD ready screen!

Try this:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=18166

approx £70, but if you already have a decent screen then it's cheaper than buying a new HD ready screen!

I forgot about that. Although if you have an older CRT monitor with just VGA I would say it's better to invest in a new flat screen display with the appropriate connections. You can get 17" and 19" displays pretty cheap now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom