ps3 not upscaling?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by benihana!chef!, Apr 24, 2007.

1. benihana!chef!

benihana!chef!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats the deal i have a kick ass tv that does 1080 i but the ps3 will not upscale games is there any news on how there going to solve it i mean theres tons of people that have this problem so whats the deal oh yeah my tv is a mitsubishi diamond series 55 inch i purchased it in 04 thanks is my only hope of perfect pic a new tv??????????

2. small358786

small358786
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    If this is your TV it says no support for 720p

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/televisions/rear-projection/mitsubishi-ws-55813-diamond-rptv

most games are 720p so it will probably downscale to 480p as it cant upscale.

3. MattZani

MattZani
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    buy Ridge Racer 7, if it looks great compared to other games, then you know the PS3 is giving 720p as 480p, where as Ridge Racer 7 supports 1080p, so will go into 1080i.

4. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    From your profile it looks like you live in the US. These seems to be a common problem with older HD TV's in the US where they support 1080 and 480p but not 720p. As has already been mentioned the PS3 cannot upscale so any games that only support 720p will be donwscaled to 480p. Only if and when Sony fix the upscaling issue will you be ablr to play games in 1080. The only games that will play at that resolution at the moment is the few games that do support it like Ridge Racer 7, Virtua Tennis 3, Virtua Fighter 5, NBA 07 etc. By the way just to let you know this is a UK web site and forum so most people here live in the UK. This thread is also in the wrong forum and should really be in the main general PS3 forum.