• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 not updating files on network

Adamski3

Standard Member
Hello all,

Problem which I'm sure is something ridiculously obvious that I've missed, but here goes.

I use my PS3 in the living room to stream (wirelessly) videos from my PC in the bedroom through the windows media server.

Generally speaking, this works fine. I add files into 'my videos' on my pc (windows 7) and then access the folder via the PS3 and Bob's your Dad's Brother - streamtastic.

However, recently when I do this, I add the files into the videos folder and they do not appear on the PS3. Sort of like it's not updating the folder/file list. I have reset my pc, playstation, unshared/reshared the folders on my homegroup etc but to no avail.

Is this something that's a problem at the PC end, the PS3 or inbetween? Are there any obvious solutions that I'm missing here?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Adam

themediaman

Established Member
sometimes this happens, and I dont have a solution unfortunately, you could try PS3 Media Server.............works just as good with a few extras added in........

AL_B

Established Member
I have the same problem.

Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12.

I've found that the only way to get the PS3 to see the new folder (and thus pictures etc.) is to start Windows Media Player on the PC, and wait until it refreshes the Libraries. Even then it's hit-and-miss. But eventually the libraries get refreshed, and then the PS3 can see them.

I do intend to switch the PS3MediaServer, but I'm struggling to find some well documented steps on how to install it as a service on Win 7 x64.

Any tips?

Cheers

Alan

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom