PS3 & Non HD LCD

You will get HD pictures at 1080i using the HDMI - DVI cable only as there is no component input on your tv.

and you won't get sound, so you'll need an amp of some kind.

So using a converter, I will get an HD picture? (I've got an amp and separate speakers, so no worries there)

So using a converter, I will get an HD picture? (I've got an amp and separate speakers, so no worries there)

Only if the DVI connection is HDCP compliant.

and you won't get sound, so you'll need an amp of some kind.

Not true as you can just use the supplied composite cable and connect the red/white phono cables to get audio.

I havent seen a TV yet that doesnt have audio connections linked to the DVI input.

Not sure if that is HDCP compliant. U'll have to ask the seller. If it is than it will be fine. Will you be using sound from your tv or amp?

Has the DVI socket on the TV even got HDCP, im not sure it has..

According to the manual that TV doesn't support any HD modes over DVI. Closest is 1360x768. It also explicitly says no interlace over DVI (so no 1080i).

At best you might be able to persuade it to display 720p but considering that's at the cost of a component->DVI converter box at around £70 I'd doubt it's worth it - save that towards the cost of an HD Ready TV.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i have a question, not very knowledgeable with this type of thing. Here goes:

I have a Toshiba 27WL46b LCD tv, non HD ready, not HDCP, no Composite, but has VGA and DVI-D, i have no amp either :rolleyes:

Now is there any other/better way of getting HD with my PS3 other than this contraption?

http://www.x2vga.com/

Hope you can help me :D

Probably not but that looks pretty cheap for what it does, assuming you can find one in the UK. A quick google didn't look hopeful.

Thanks for that, they do ship to uk so i'll go for it.

*starts putting coppers into piggy bank for HD Ready TV*

If your TV doesnt have HDCP or Component inputs then that gadget is your only choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom