• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ps3 network restoring game downloads on new ps3 slim

djthrobber

Standard Member
Hi all
Can anyone help me as i have given my brother my old PS3 60gb with all the downloaded games using my user account inc. streetfighter hd etc etc and want him to have those games to keep, but I have bought a new ps3 slim and want the original downloads too, so that we can play against each other via PSN online. What is the best thing to do so that we both have full access to the network but have seperate PSN user accounts for any future purchases?
kind regards
matt

ibrox_grfc

Distinguished Member
set up your old account from your 60gb on your new PS3 slim and redownload anything that you want again (it should all show up in your account on the PSN Store). Make sure that the old PS3 isn't connected to the internet while you're doing this though. When you've got everything that you want again, simply create a new master account on the PS3 slim and just stick to using that. Delete the old account that you set up on the slim if you need to.

In theory that should work anyway, I'll know for sure in about 2 weeks when my nephews PS3 slim arrives and I try to download Ratchet & Clank from my account for him :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom