PS3 needs a footy game!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by quarryfied, Dec 23, 2006.

1. quarryfied

quarryfied
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Are there any footy games on the horizon? and if so when?

2. FullMetalAlchy

FullMetalAlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No doubt pro evo (winning eleven) will make an appearance soon.

3. quarryfied

quarryfied
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    any idea when? will the JPN version be out earlier than the european/US one?

4. FullMetalAlchy

FullMetalAlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tbh I have heard nothing, no doubt a version of Fifa will be available soon enough around the European launch.....

I think Pro Evo will not be out till around Nov next year, as pro 6 has not been out long. A football game is one game I wouldn't import anyway, the Japanese versions are tinkered with to make them alot more arcadey (scoring from anywhere and all that) and the skill levels are really dumbed down in Japanese versions of football games.

5. quarryfied

quarryfied
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17

Really? i didn't know that. Oh well, have to wait a while for one it seems :thumbsdow

6. lisbonlion

lisbonlion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    i have to disagree, winning eleven is a fantastic game, some years i have preferred it to PES. You are really having a laugh saying that they are simply dumbed down versions of what we get.

7. FullMetalAlchy

FullMetalAlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a rule most Japanese games have some level of skill tinkering, the Japanese version of games (esp Sports titles) are generally easier on the default settings than European and American releases, acradey type play is desired much more over there so I am told by my Japanese friends that is. Of course there are exceptions to the rule like beat-em ups like Virtua Fighter 5 for example, or games which are designed to be simulations (these type of games are definitly not dumbed down and are in fact quite hard lol especially for us Westerners).

8. FullMetalAlchy

FullMetalAlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I knew this would cause some debate lol, as soon as I wrote "dumbed down" a pharse I was reluctant to use, i just didn't know how to express what I wanted to say properly

no they are not dumbed down versions, I mean there are skill settings differences between the versions, there are scoring range differences as well. Some are more noticeable and some differences are less so, but they are there. I not dissing Winning Eleven at all, in fact I like it, there are differences between the European and Japanese games due to the mere fact that Football is our national game.

9. quarryfied

quarryfied
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I quite like the idea of being able to score from far out, me being useless on pro evo lol, it's winning eleven for me then :thumbsup:

10. FullMetalAlchy

FullMetalAlchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the same way the Japanese RPG's skill settings are tinkered for Western markets. Like the level of random attacks whilst moving across a map is often reduced on Western version of games. It swings in roundabouts......

11. Gunhawk

Gunhawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +902
    I wouldn't expect anything now until next season starts, they wouldnt re-build fifa 07 or PES on the ps3, when theres only 2 months of the season left (in march), they would just wait now until 08 season starts in Aug.

And there wouldn't be any point repackaging the current 360 versions, as who would want to play a version of a game thats 6/7 months old. You can play the ps2 versions on the ps3 if you were that bothered.

My thoughts anyway! :)

12. danprice

danprice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Didn't microsoft by 12 months exclusivity (next gen versions) on Pro Evo and Fifa? If so it will be oct/nov 2007 before either gets released on PS3

13. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's true.

I think Microsoft slightly regret it though as they paid a HUGE ammount for the exclusivity of the 2 games then SONY go and delay the PS3 is Europe where almost all the football games are sold until March meaning that Microsoft are probably going to get maybe 6 months of their deal after all

14. sikersh

sikersh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i'd say its the other way around, pro evo feels a lot more arcadey than winning eleven. i'll definitely be getting winning eleven for it, i think its out in japan mid 2007.

15. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Any more news on PES 7? Will we have to wait until November? I feel the second generation PES 7 on Xbox 360 may be better, as the first version on any console isn't the best?

16. BluntY

BluntY
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Microsoft bought the exclusive 'next gen console' rights to FIFA07 and Pro Evo 6. We'll have to wait for FIFA08 and Pro Evo 7, I doubt either would sell the exclusive rights this time around since there should be alot more people with PS3's and it would make it a financial mistake to do the same again.

17. bullwinkle187

bullwinkle187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I am aware Micro$oft only had the "exclusive" rights for 2006 on Next Gen.

18. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No fifa or pro evo ports of the current titles. Maybe sony are working on a new this is football or something...

The current fifa and pro evo 06 releases are exclusive to the 360. Not for the year 06, the titles themselves on next gen platform.

So it will be the next fifa and pro evo games released I think that will be available on the ps3, next football season ?

I cant see any sooner, wont be worth their while doing a whole new game for one console with such a tiny installed base of consoles in europe...

This is a really good point but will you be able to play them with the mess they are making of backwards compatability ?

19. Alonso14

Alonso14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As I posted in one of the subforums, play-asia are selling the latest Winning Eleven inc euro leagues 06-07 for about £17 delivered on PS2 (for those who have Jap PS3's). Mine is on its way