PS3 / MP3 query

tabs

my ps3 is locating my music (mp3) on my pc .. but when i go to play any of the songs .. it says "unsupported format" .. help :confused:

thanks

davidkingmartin

Novice Member
Are you sure it is "mp3"? I have no prob. with streaming mp3 (at 320) and wma. However, it says "unsupported format" for lossless files eg wma lossless and for wav if it is "above" 48 at 16 bit. It will not recognise 24/96 even though it must surely have the capability.

tabs

Are you sure it is "mp3"? I have no prob. with streaming mp3 (at 320) and wma. However, it says "unsupported format" for lossless files eg wma lossless and for wav if it is "above" 48 at 16 bit. It will not recognise 24/96 even though it must surely have the capability.

cheers DKM, i have around 2000 songs on my pc, and every one says the "unsupported format" message :confused:

Alanok

I have an external hard drive of about 10,000 songs and it recognised everyone except loseless WMA. It showed "unsupported format" against the file name.

Make sure you have the mp3 and WMA options ticked in your System-Sound Options. That might fix it.

davidkingmartin

Novice Member
Tabs: I have thousands of wma lossless files on my PC! I have converted a number of them to WAV 48 at 16, the next best in sound quality.These converted files can be copied to the internal HD of the Sony, or streamed. I have not deleted my original lossless rcds because Sony may yet come up with the approp. codec....
An excellent ext.portable USB-powered HDD is the Western Dig.Passport. Small shiny black, like the Sony. Works a treat. Mine is 120gig. It will also back-up content from the PS3.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom