• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Media server question

aleicgrant

Standard Member
wow am I glad I stumbled onto this forum.

I am hoping it will once in for all solve my streaming problems.

Ok here goes.

I have about 300 blu rays which I have made backup's and ripped to my network. Early solutions for playback on the ps3 were a crap shoot so I bought an HP slimline as an HTPC and simply networked it to my gig set up and played my ISO's via powerdvd.

now I find out about PS3 Media server and I think I no longer need to bother with the HTPC. Imagine being able to call up all three hundred via the PS3.

So, I ask this: with all of my movies saved in ISO format, will the PS3 Media server be able to read them? They are all stripped with the exception of the movie in english and the best audio track.

I am going to be so happy if this works and if anyone cares to share tips on setting this up I would be grateful

cheers

Aleic

mjm132

Standard Member
wow am I glad I stumbled onto this forum.

I am hoping it will once in for all solve my streaming problems.

Ok here goes.

I have about 300 blu rays which I have made backup's and ripped to my network. Early solutions for playback on the ps3 were a crap shoot so I bought an HP slimline as an HTPC and simply networked it to my gig set up and played my ISO's via powerdvd.

now I find out about PS3 Media server and I think I no longer need to bother with the HTPC. Imagine being able to call up all three hundred via the PS3.

So, I ask this: with all of my movies saved in ISO format, will the PS3 Media server be able to read them? They are all stripped with the exception of the movie in english and the best audio track.

I am going to be so happy if this works and if anyone cares to share tips on setting this up I would be grateful

cheers

Aleic

I have no problems with ISO's on the latest stable release. The latest beta wasn't working for me. Having used a Popcorn Hour previously, I find ps3mediaserver just as good...and its free!

aleicgrant

Standard Member
what build number are you using.

Just to be sure, here is the process used.

Anydvd hd to unlock,

tsmuxer (latest version)

to extract video and audio

imgburn to create iso with UDF 2.50

So if I use a non beta build it should work?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom