• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Media Server crashing after update

Black20VT

Established Member
Hi,

First up the basics;
Dual Core Opteron 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM, XP Pro running 1.21.1
Streaming to PS3 Slim
100mbit ethernet through 1000mbit switch
MEncoder engine

I've been using version 1.10.51 for a couple of weeks without any major issues and decided to update to the latest and greatest version. When I turn on the PS3, it connects without any issue, however, when I then try to open a file, in this instance, an mkv file, the media server crashes instantly. This file worked fine on the old version, but since the update, I'm unable to play it.

I've checked I've the latest version of Java, even tried uninstalling and re-installing media server, but I get the same results.

Any idea what's causing it? I've search the forums, but not found anything, hence my post.

Any help welcome :)

Chris.

Black20VT

Established Member
That sounds a pretty specific issue to me and unless someone has experienced similar on here I would post something on the PS3MS forums themselves...
Oh no :rolleyes: I hate specific issues, I was hoping it was going to be a case of someone going, ah, you need to do this :facepalm:

I've posted on the PS3MS forums aswell, so fingers crossed.

But if anyone here has any ideas, please shout...

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom