PS3 interface video

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a section on this week's IGN weekly video that shows the PS3 interface running in real-time, both in the dashboard and in-game.

I'm going to be diplomatic and say it looks...minimalist.

PS3 Interface Video

It even allows you to change the clock to daylight savings time! Development time well spent... ;)

Cheers to Pooon for the heads-up on this one!

Smak posted this up on another thread, maybe worth keeping all this UI stuff together.

Smak said:
Just to make clear the interface IGN are showing is from the final dev kits, this is the interface from PS3...

http://www.gameklip.com/v/651/
and...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oyd041cYyzc
Looks identical to the one in the IGN video...? Aside from showing the browser function.

And it's identical to the PSP too as far as I can see; which before anyone jumps on my back, is not necessarily a bad thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I was just hoping for a bit more to be honest.

Munkey Boy said:
Looks identical to the one in the IGN video...? Aside from showing the browser function.

Aside from web browser, picture viewer, music player, movie player, animated background/wallpaper etc...

rt06.jpg

Tough one this. On the one hand, I like that it's simple and more intuitive than the 360's dash (I think MS really need to fix theirs and at least put all the options in one place, have a Live Arcade blade, etc). On the other hand, it's a bit 2003. Very Media Center. Needs something more.

And the in-game pause thing needs fixing. I can see the menu and text getting lost in the game.

runam0k said:
And the in-game pause thing needs fixing. I can see the menu and text getting lost in the game.

Agree, they should fade the image to make the text more visable or something :lesson:

Munkey Boy said:
Anyone know if you can run your own music in-game?

I think i read something about motorstorm letting you do that.

Can't remember where though....I'll have a look around.

Munkey Boy said:
Anyone know if you can run your own music in-game?

Apparently yes, the developers of Motorstorm have gone as far to post process the users music so that it sounds as if the music is coming from within the game environment, like a live stage.

Acknowledgement that games these days are dependent on more than just the quality of the gameplay comes in the addition of custom tracks in MotorStorm. Smith says you'll be able to import your own music, which will undergo post-processing on the fly, integrating it more fully into the game.

:cool:

I love it. Gorgeous and slick.

Looks nice imo...

the interface is probably the only redeeming feature of the psp apart from the nice screen.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: and the PS3 looks like it is building upon it:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom