PS3 in two rooms or buy a 360?

Quick26

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Sorry if this kind of question is cropping up a lot but I'm in a bit of a dilemma! I have my PS3 in the sitting room as this is where the best TV in the house is and it's used for blu-ray films al well as gaming. The problem I have now is that I have a younger brother and some games that I play I don't think he should see (COD etc.) and I would like to be able to play games like COD in my room anyway. My room, being upstairs, isn't particularly close by so a long cable is a bit out of the question and transmitters look expensive. Could you guys please advise me what you would do in this situation? By the way, I'm only a casual gamer but I think I would probably play more in my own room. I was looking at a 60GB pre-owned 360 premium as RROD is supposed to be relatively rare which I could pick up for £175 including year membership on live, wifi adapter and games.

Thanks for your help

LJx

Get the xbox more games too choose from if you have both plus black ops plays alot better on xbox, you can buy a brand new 250GB slim for £160

Dinky Dragon

Novice Member
Get the xbox more games too choose from if you have both plus black ops plays alot better on xbox, you can buy a brand new 250GB slim for £160
Agreed.

Other than the fact Quick26 doesnt want his bro playing COD.

Id always suggest a 360 for gaming only but Id be a little concerned about the 360s controller. The PS3 is much more suited to kids or girls hands.

HOWEVER, you still wanna play COD in your own room... I cant quite figure this out. Buy a 2nd PS3 so you dont have duplicates of all your games OR buy a 360...

My advice?

Sell your PS3 Multiplatform games, get a 360 for your room and either A. Bring it downstairs when ya need it (provinding hes not on it) or buy 2 X360s

ChrisWV10

I think your dilemma arises from wanting to play on the big telly downstairs when your little brother isn't about and being able to play in your room if he is, plus being able to watch blu rays on the main tv?

In which case, why not just get a blu ray player for the lounge tv and take your ps3 to your room?

It seems very expensive to buy a 360 and re buy games for it just to play in your room if you already have a ps3 and the games to play.

Alternatively, if funds allowed, get another ps3 for upstairs, maybe pre owned?

Dinky Dragon

Novice Member
In which case, why not just get a blu ray player for the lounge tv and take your ps3 to your room?
What if they wanna play at the same time?

2 PS3s

Seems like the most economic option

Or 2 Xbox360 and a Blu Ray Player.

Quick26

Standard Member
Thanks for your help guys! Still considering the different options. Any ideas of possibly using one PS3 on two TVs? I know having the rooms quite far apart makes this complicated....

Dinky Dragon

Novice Member
I was thinking bout ya lil bro ;)

You could use a HDMI splitter and a 10m HDMI cable. But only one of you can use the PS3, unless of course you were both playing. Youd see the same picture.

However the controller in the room may be slightly sluggish.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
I would say get an xbox, BUT the one you looking at is WAY overpriced, you would be better getting a new one.

for instance, I purchased my spare 20gb RROD repair for 50 quid from someone at work 18 months ago with play and charge kit.

Friday someone at work was selling a 60gb one for 70 quid WITH the wireless gaming adapter.

I am a 360 man myself, but having both is handy as there are some cracker exclusives on both machines.

Quick26

Standard Member
Thanks for the warning Mike! The preowned console on its own is £85 from game. Is this expensive for the 60gb premium? I wanted to get it through game because of the year warranty and because of the fact it's supposed to be one of the most reliable models but I don't want to pay too much for it...

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
I dunno, I suppose that is getting there, however
I guess I was a little quick to say £175 was too much given you did not list the games with it. If it is 1 or 2 old ones then it is overpriced, if it is 20 games inc some new releases it is not so bad. the wifi adapter is not cheap either (athough wireless comes as standard with the slim so keep that in mind if it is summat you need to get.

buck mysalls

Novice Member
I'd agree that £175 is overpriced. I picked up my second xbox for £30 off ebay. If you're considering playing COD online and you're room isn't too close you might be better off buying a set of homeplugs rather than using a wifi adapter.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom