PS3 - I am a bit dissapointed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluezorro

Standard Member
Reaction score
I sold my 360 and got a PS3 from Play.Com when they were released in the UK. I got the 3 std games with it (Motorstorm, Genji and Resistance). I also bought Medal of Honour. The games are ok, graphics are good on my HD tv but to be honest, they arent that much better than the 360 graphics?

I also think that XBox Live is brilliant compared to PS3 on line.

I am going to reserve judgement until some of the games that I actually want are released (Pro-Evo, Ass Creed, Res Evil 5, Modern Warfighter) and I compare them to my mates 360, but if I am 100% honest, at this stage I am wishing I had held onto my 360? I cant really see how my PS3 is THAT much better than the 360.

Just my opinion, anyone agree or disagree?

I agree with you, I done the same thing. At the minute the 360 has the edge in terms of games, but to be fair most of the games on the ps3 are cross-platform games. Once gran turismo, metal gear etc hit and games start being optimised for the ps3 it will be a different story. It all comes down to how long you can be bothered to wait until the games start picking up, I'm not the most patient guy in the world and lack of games was a problem, the 360 had the same problem, there was a dry spell and the game to start breaking it was ghost recon at the time, Once pro evo arrives all my attention will be on that so i'll be fine without other games :D

You will soon change you mind at christmas , the ps3 is very slow at the mo , give it a few months

The games are ok, graphics are good on my HD tv but to be honest, they arent that much better than the 360 graphics?

I am going to reserve judgement until some of the games that I actually want are released (Pro-Evo, Ass Creed, Res Evil 5, Modern Warfighter) and I compare them to my mates 360, but if I am 100% honest, at this stage I am wishing I had held onto my 360? I cant really see how my PS3 is THAT much better than the 360.

I haven't owned an Xbox 360 so can not compare like for like. However I can say that PS3 GFX will improve over time. The online part of PS3 is free and open which I prefer. The PS3 does other things bloody well, DVDs, music, photos.

How much better did you expect the PS3 to be?

You will soon change you mind at christmas , the ps3 is very slow at the mo , give it a few months
Christmas is soon? :rotfl:
Seriously, the ps3 had a horrible time since March as far as games releases are concerned but things will become a lot better come October/November. It's just a shame sony didn't hit the ground running considering the ps3 hardware was more or less finalised 2 years ago and the delayed release of the console was down to the blu-ray production problems.

A lot of these threads end up in the usual 360 vs. PS3 argument. Let's all make sure it doesn't as at the first sign of it the thread will be closed. Thanks.

:lease:

A lot of these threads end up in the usual 360 vs. PS3 argument. Let's all make sure it doesn't as at the first sign of it the thread will be closed. Thanks.

:lease:

It's a shame that the majority of threads are spoilt by a small minority. Anyway back on topic the way it is at the minute is the 360 is without doubt the one to go for in terms of games currently released. If you're a patient man give the ps3 a chance, maybe get a few ps2 games to tie you over. I know some may find it pointless or even ironic that you spend half a grand on a console (pretty much) and use it to play older games but the ps2 has soem crackers :smashin: I'm enjoying pes6 and will maybe pick up god of war 2.

:oops: Forgot to mention that some people don't realise that this is the ps3's first christmas in the uk, the 360 is on it's 3rd so inevitable that the 360 has more games.

:oops: Forgot to mention that some people don't realise that this is the ps3's first christmas in the uk, the 360 is on it's 3rd so inevitable that the 360 has more games.

True, and i don't want to turn this thread sour, but if Sony would've had a single worldwide release (like the 360s farcical one) then this would be it's second Christmas. People keep saying that the PS3 has only been out for X months, seemingly forgetting that it's been out a while longer in other areas and even though it's region free we're still having a games drought.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but i'm starting to get a little worried by the sheer lack of quality titles. Maybe when i play the Folklore demo a little later that'll assuage my fears.

True, and i don't want to turn this thread sour, but if Sony would've had a single worldwide release (like the 360s farcical one) then this would be it's second Christmas. People keep saying that the PS3 has only been out for X months, seemingly forgetting that it's been out a while longer in other areas and even though it's region free we're still having a games drought.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but i'm starting to get a little worried by the sheer lack of quality titles. Maybe when i play the Folklore demo a little later that'll assuage my fears.

I sometimes think in the same way, maybe i'm fooling myself that the ps3 will get better. I just hope it does, it's hard to think that the playstation brand could be heading for doom, but it is possible the psp died a death and it was a similar story, a very powerful machine that we were all waiting for decent games to arrive, and to be honest if ten years ago someone had said that sega would stop making consoles who would have believed it. Maybe the playstation will die....Only time will tell. Even if it does i'll still enjoy the games it provides, the dreamcast died but it didn't stop me from enjoying what it did have.

I sometimes think in the same way, maybe i'm fooling myself that the ps3 will get better. I just hope it does, it's hard to think that the playstation brand could be heading for doom, but it is possible the psp died a death and it was a similar story, a very powerful machine that we were all waiting for decent games to arrive, and to be honest if ten years ago someone had said that sega would stop making consoles who would have believed it. Maybe the playstation will die....Only time will tell. Even if it does i'll still enjoy the games it provides, the dreamcast died but it didn't stop me from enjoying what it did have.

When did the psp die a death? thats news to me.

There is some fantastic game on the psp, too bad it's dead and there are no more games for it!

I sold my 360 and got a PS3 from Play.Com when they were released in the UK. I got the 3 std games with it (Motorstorm, Genji and Resistance). I also bought Medal of Honour. The games are ok, graphics are good on my HD tv but to be honest, they arent that much better than the 360 graphics?

Just my opinion, anyone agree or disagree?

i can only say...why did you sell your 360 and spend ~£450 on a console that you knew nothing about? as a games console, i dont think anybody can say its going to be better. just an alternative. Also, everybody knew the release of the games would be a slow process.

if you'd have asked me, i would have told you it isnt ever worth selling a console to buy another from the same generation. especially if you dont know what your buying it for.

I pretty much always bang on about the lack of games for the PS3 but the truth is that over the PS3's lifetime there haven't been all that many decent games released on any platform. Everything has seen delays upon delays it's just that the 360 has a greater back catalogue. Halo's going to be another feather in the 360's cap but it's another game I'm really not interested in. The upcoming titles that I want are all, as far as I know, cross platform but I've pretty much preordered the ones I want (all for the 360).

Maybe by summer of next year there will be enough PS3 titles for me to want to buy one. The BluRay player element lost out as soon as I got my BDRom drive.

I pretty much always bang on about the lack of games for the PS3 but the truth is that over the PS3's lifetime there haven't been all that many decent games released on any platform. Everything has seen delays upon delays it's just that the 360 has a greater back catalogue.

I'd never really thought of it like that. Maybe you're right. What killer titles have been released on the 360 in the PS3's lifetime?

When did the psp die a death? thats news to me.

There is some fantastic game on the psp, too bad it's dead and there are no more games for it!

The psp isn't officially dead but umd's died a long time ago and the high and ease of piracy hasn't helped. The psp is all but dead. They are trying to breathe new life into it with a slim line version but whther that helps or not only time will tell.

I actually thought the psp was doing pretty well. There are more games on the psp that interest me. It's not beating ds sales, but I couldn't give a hoot about that. Just because somethings not number 1, doesn;t mean it's life is over!
"die"..."death"..."fears" are some of the words expressed here about the PS3...come on guys! Think some people are a bit OTT, it's still only been out for just under a year (and I am speaking about it being released in America etc)
Give it a break on the ps3 games drought, it's wearing a bit thin now. Maybe some people should have done a little research before making such a large purchase/trading in similar gear.
There are plenty of games coming out...and plenty of variety.

Maybe I am the one being naive, but this time next year I think/know it will be a completely different story..was the 360 really any different.
I for one can comment that the wii is in just as bad state. I have 4 games for it and that WAS realeased in the uk at the same time as the PS3 was released in the US.

I'd never really thought of it like that. Maybe you're right. What killer titles have been released on the 360 in the PS3's lifetime?

Bugger all, they are getting Bioshock tomorrow and Gears was released before the PS3 was out...I think :confused:

I own both of them at the moment, and i had a wii and got rid of it.

XBOX 360 in my opinion is way superior to ps3 in 1 thing only, thats it got a better online platform for their game than ps3 which got in my opinion undeveloped online platform.

i have so far 2 ps3 games, nba homecourt and f1, ninja gaidan sigma and the darkness are both on the way. graphics wise i dont see any difference even though the ps3 is suppose to be more powerful than xbox 360 but i dont think there are any games at the moment to demonstrate its muscles yet. maybe after 1-2 years probably.

games wise, most games are cross platform and so far ps3 dont have any big exclusive titles released for it yet which i think did affect its sales so far and the reason for it not to sell as much as xbox did. so far the most game i have spent time playing on ps3 is winning eleven pes2007 which is ps2 game lol. september will be a changing point for sony with heavenly sword being released and after that exclusive games to sony will start to rise more and more.

xbox 360 has a much broader games, it has games that are released for windows, so you'll see more games starting to move towards consoles rather than being only on pc. so this is an avantage for xbox because these games wont be available for ps3. also not many people would move from xbox 360 to ps3 also because of the current games available in the market, i think once PES is released ps3 will be selling much more as i think PES2008 and MGS4 are the most anticipated games for ps3.

wii is not comparable with them, its fun and graphics are not anywhere near near those mighty consoles but after few months it gets boring and starts to collect stones not dust LOL

my conclusion about ps3 and xbox 360 is at the moment they are both the same with both having mostly same games but the 360 wins because of its LIVE feature and some big titles it had like GOW which ps3 lacks at the moment.

i wrote alot and i am feeling sleepy. sorry if i wrote something twice but i at the end i have nothing to say other than get both if you can, my xbox 360 broke and i though i could live without it, but i couldnt and got another one, i am sure the same thing would happen to me if the ps3 broke. GET BOTH

When my 360 died and it had gone for repair, I decided to give the PS3 a go. Mainly because I was missing Oblivion tbh. But it's been 2 months and I haven't looked back even though my Xbox is back.

I really like that I can surf the net (have a pc but is soo slow!) without borrowing my girlfriends' laptop. Also the ability to save pics and add a printer turns the PS3 into a kinda mini laptop!

I'm sure that the games draught will end soon. In the meanwhile I keep myself entertained using the PS3 to reply to threads and stream episodes of My name is Earl.

I own both of them at the moment, and i had a wii and got rid of it.

XBOX 360 in my opinion is way superior to ps3 in 1 thing only, thats it got a better online platform for their game than ps3 which got in my opinion undeveloped online platform.

i have so far 2 ps3 games, nba homecourt and f1, ninja gaidan sigma and the darkness are both on the way. graphics wise i dont see any difference even though the ps3 is suppose to be more powerful than xbox 360 but i dont think there are any games at the moment to demonstrate its muscles yet. maybe after 1-2 years probably.

games wise, most games are cross platform and so far ps3 dont have any big exclusive titles released for it yet which i think did affect its sales so far and the reason for it not to sell as much as xbox did. so far the most game i have spent time playing on ps3 is winning eleven pes2007 which is ps2 game lol. september will be a changing point for sony with heavenly sword being released and after that exclusive games to sony will start to rise more and more.

xbox 360 has a much broader games, it has games that are released for windows, so you'll see more games starting to move towards consoles rather than being only on pc. so this is an avantage for xbox because these games wont be available for ps3. also not many people would move from xbox 360 to ps3 also because of the current games available in the market, i think once PES is released ps3 will be selling much more as i think PES2008 and MGS4 are the most anticipated games for ps3.

wii is not comparable with them, its fun and graphics are not anywhere near near those mighty consoles but after few months it gets boring and starts to collect stones not dust LOL

my conclusion about ps3 and xbox 360 is at the moment they are both the same with both having mostly same games but the 360 wins because of its LIVE feature and some big titles it had like GOW which ps3 lacks at the moment.

i wrote alot and i am feeling sleepy. sorry if i wrote something twice but i at the end i have nothing to say other than get both if you can, my xbox 360 broke and i though i could live without it, but i couldnt and got another one, i am sure the same thing would happen to me if the ps3 broke. GET BOTH

Yeah get both! LOL! In an ideal world yes. I'm gonna get both (elite tomorrow/today now)...but then again, I am going to have to starve myself for a couple of months! :rotfl:

When my 360 died and it had gone for repair, I decided to give the PS3 a go. Mainly because I was missing Oblivion tbh. But it's been 2 months and I haven't looked back even though my Xbox is back.

I really like that I can surf the net (have a pc but is soo slow!) without borrowing my girlfriends' laptop. Also the ability to save pics and add a printer turns the PS3 into a kinda mini laptop!

I'm sure that the games draught will end soon. In the meanwhile I keep myself entertained using the PS3 to reply to threads and stream episodes of My name is Earl.

Me too, it never ceases to amaze me. It's an excellent piece of kit. I KNOW it's a console and you will get people bitching because it plays blu ray and surfs the net but it does it so bloody well! I got myself a nice little wireless usb keyboard...and it's ace. Surf the net from bed!! :)

Yeah get both! LOL! In an ideal world yes. I'm gonna get both (elite tomorrow/today now)...but then again, I am going to have to starve myself for a couple of months! :rotfl:

i said "if you can", if you cant then i hope you can at some point in the future because each have their own great games.

you want disappointment ? get a wii

tbh i'm scratching my head these says thinking why on earth i wasted so much dosh on this laughable pile of junk

if i added up all the peripheral costs and the virtual games etc , i could've bought another ps3 with the money

and that wouldn't look like crap on an hdtv and struggle to emulate a megadrive

the ps3 , conversely , has vastly exceeded my expectations and i just cannot understand WHY the wii sells so well when it's so inept in every way

bizarre

The 3 games close to release that were tempting me towards a PS3 now look like they are all going to be disapointments, Lair, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword all seem to be getting average or worse reviews at the moment.:(

the wii sells so well when it's so inept in every way
bizarre

Why did you buy one then lol.

I'm looking forward to Mario Galaxy and Metroid just shortly and Wii sports is unique and a system seller alone.

I like my PS3 but feel the Wii has more potential.

RDB :)

Never really made sense to me selling a 360 to buy a PS3, granted the PS3 is I feel a neater all in one package but it simply doesn't currently have the games the 360 has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom