ps3 home setup

akasmiler

i've got the ps3, i've now got the tv (comet did me a cracking deal on the samsung LE46M87BDX/XEU in the end for sub 1k and a free monster HDMI cable)

so what surround sound system do i need now?
do i go for an all in one or a seperates and if so what do people reccomend?:gr8:
do i stick with 5.1 or do i go for 7.1
the ps3 is the only thing for now that will run through it and then also sky hd sooner rather than later

i'd say about £600 would be my limit (although i could be pushed)

i had the sony dav-sc5 in before but thats now been moved to the bedroom for the JVC CRT and the missis says i can splash out on a new one (bear in mind though that i'm gonna have to push her to the £600 seeing as the dav-sc5 was about £300 tops - IIRC about £249 - when we bought it)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
can i just say,that when you get that tv,check it for freeview judder,scrolling ghost lines/interference,buzzing power supply,and other problems,and have a read of the M87 thread,in the lcd forums.
some people have needed the mainboard updated/replaced,myself included when i owned one.
i owned one of them,and for the most,it was ok,but had a lot of faults.
just some friendly advice.

secondly,do you fancy seperates,as if so,your in the wrong forum,but if you want an all-in-one,then just look about for a topic that takes your fancy.
but as with anything,i would see if i could arrange a listen at a proper h-fi store,and avoid comet.

akasmiler

can i just say,that when you get that tv,check it for freeview judder,scrolling ghost lines/interference,buzzing power supply,and other problems,and have a read of the M87 thread,in the lcd forums.
some people have needed the mainboard updated/replaced,myself included when i owned one.
i owned one of them,and for the most,it was ok,but had a lot of faults.
just some friendly advice.

secondly,do you fancy seperates,as if so,your in the wrong forum,but if you want an all-in-one,then just look about for a topic that takes your fancy.
but as with anything,i would see if i could arrange a listen at a proper h-fi store,and avoid comet.

no problems with mine, i dont think, will know more when i get into my new home. The freeview seems fine, and i dont expect much of it as the sky hd will be going in soon. PS3 and the wii are fantastic though

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom