ps3 home setup

akasmiler

i've got the ps3, i've now got the tv (comet did me a cracking deal on the samsung LE46M87BDX/XEU in the end for sub 1k and a free monster HDMI cable)

so what surround sound system do i need now?
do i go for an all in one or a seperates and if so what do people reccomend?:gr8:
do i stick with 5.1 or do i go for 7.1
the ps3 is the only thing for now that will run through it and then also sky hd sooner rather than later

i'd say about £600 would be my limit (although i could be pushed)

i had the sony dav-sc5 in before but thats now been moved to the bedroom for the JVC CRT and the missis says i can splash out on a new one (bear in mind though that i'm gonna have to push her to the £600 seeing as the dav-sc5 was about £300 tops - IIRC about £249 - when we bought it)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
can i just say,that when you get that tv,check it for freeview judder,scrolling ghost lines/interference,buzzing power supply,and other problems,and have a read of the M87 thread,in the lcd forums.
some people have needed the mainboard updated/replaced,myself included when i owned one.
i owned one of them,and for the most,it was ok,but had a lot of faults.
just some friendly advice.

secondly,do you fancy seperates,as if so,your in the wrong forum,but if you want an all-in-one,then just look about for a topic that takes your fancy.
but as with anything,i would see if i could arrange a listen at a proper h-fi store,and avoid comet.

akasmiler

can i just say,that when you get that tv,check it for freeview judder,scrolling ghost lines/interference,buzzing power supply,and other problems,and have a read of the M87 thread,in the lcd forums.
some people have needed the mainboard updated/replaced,myself included when i owned one.
i owned one of them,and for the most,it was ok,but had a lot of faults.
just some friendly advice.

secondly,do you fancy seperates,as if so,your in the wrong forum,but if you want an all-in-one,then just look about for a topic that takes your fancy.
but as with anything,i would see if i could arrange a listen at a proper h-fi store,and avoid comet.

no problems with mine, i dont think, will know more when i get into my new home. The freeview seems fine, and i dont expect much of it as the sky hd will be going in soon. PS3 and the wii are fantastic though

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom