• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Heat.

SoleFever

Hello all. Just got my PS3 yesterday and the Rigth side of the console (Top if it was standing) seems to be getting very hot. And i was just wondering is it meant to be like this? It's especially hot on the Right underside.

bbdivo

Yup mine does exactly the same! In fact it was getting so hot i couldnt keep my finger against it! My 360 power supply was a few inches away I have now moved that and it is a lot better now, I think you really need to give the ps3 a lot of good ventilation. By the way my ps3 is on an open glass stand, so it gets a lot of ventilation.

SoleFever

Yup mine does exactly the same! In fact it was getting so hot i couldnt keep my finger against it! My 360 power supply was a few inches away I have now moved that and it is a lot better now, I think you really need to give the ps3 a lot of good ventilation. By the way my ps3 is on an open glass stand, so it gets a lot of ventilation.

Yes that's how hot mine is getting. do you think this is enough clearance for ventilation or would you move it?

Attachments

• DSC00339.jpg
    DSC00339.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 85

bbdivo

My 360 psu was a little bit closer, my stand is just a bunch of shelves so I don't have anything either side, I'm not sure what difference having it sit on glass has also. It would be worthwile doing an experiment in your case, just to see if the heat situation improves.

SoleFever

My 360 psu was a little bit closer, my stand is just a bunch of shelves so I don't have anything either side, I'm not sure what difference having it sit on glass has also. It would be worthwile doing an experiment in your case, just to see if the heat situation improves.

Ok mate will do. Thanks for the help:smashin: Just one more quick question. When you say you moved it and it is a lot better , how much better is it? Is it still really hot to the touch.

fishfash

Mine was also under the TV cabinet, but I moved it completely out onto a cool marbeled area, just under the unused fire place.

Much cooler now. It's been on most of the week end as well.

D

Deleted member 39001

I would treat the PS3 like a PC with ventilation needs. Try to have it free standing or on a shelf on it's own but preferably not an enclosed shelf.

SoleFever

I would treat the PS3 like a PC with ventilation needs. Try to have it free standing or on a shelf on it's own but preferably not an enclosed shelf.

ye i have decided to stick it on it's own somewhere , Not done it yet as i haven't had the time but i will tomorrow. Have been on it for more than 6 hour's now so i would have thought if it was going to overheat it would have done it. Must get hot anyway as there is a warning in the manual about not touching it for to long or you may get light heat burns :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom