PS3 HDMI problem

MooseMullay

Hi guys! Thought I'd post here before I start looking into this just in case somebody has experienced this issue as well.

This morning I've turned my PS3 on, and nothing was displayed on my TV. So I did a hard reset, and the AV output worked fine. When I changed my settings back to HDMI, nothing appears. Cables connected up correctly, and settings on the PS3 are correct.

It was working fine before I went to bed last night, so I don't understand how it could break randomly.

Anybody had this problem too?

I just tried to connect the TV up to my housemates laptop using the same cable, and it didn't work (usually does), so I'm inclined to think it's the TV or the HDMI cable at present....

MooseMullay

I left the cable completely unplugged for a bit and then plugged it back in and it started working.

Very random problem/fix, but I'm not complaining that it's working.

I guess if this continues to happen I'll get me a new cable! :p

Thanks for your help! :p

sykotik

Distinguished Member
I left the cable completely unplugged for a bit and then plugged it back in and it started working.

Very random problem/fix, but I'm not complaining that it's working.

I guess if this continues to happen I'll get me a new cable! :p

Thanks for your help! :p

not quite the same problem
but every now and again i get some clouding on my tv "sammy le40"

but if a change the hdmi lead (to a £5 one form asda) it will stop the clouding
and then i can put my QED hdmi-p lead back in it will fine for about 2 months...

"strange i know but thats technology for ya"

andrew

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom