• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 HDMI issue

A

andyadair

i posted this as a reply to another topic but it seems it is a common problem so i thought i would post seperatley.

I have a Samsung SP50L7HX rear projection TV, ive had it hooked up via hdmi to a Sky HD box, an upscaling dvd player and for 2 months a PS3. Everything has worked fine until last week when the PS3 displayed a black screen when set to HDMI. I know for a fact the tv is working as before - sky hd and the dvd player both work through the hdmi port, the cables are fine as ive swapped them around and they work with the others. I have just had a replacement PS3 delivered form Sony - great service - but this PS3 is exactly the same - black screen when set to hdmi. I am at a complete loss, why would a PS3 work for 2 months then suddenly stop? Why would a brand new PS3 show the same problem? I have tried every permutation of resets, sequence of powering things up, swapping cables and so on with no result. I have tried a friends PS3 and that also shows a black screen when set to HDMI. Last options a set of component cables :mad:
Could a recent update have changed something in the settings?

JUS

Prominent Member
It doesn't sound your exact problem....but just in case...I have a problem that seems to happen randomly, sometimes the ps3 seems to turn off the hdmi setting...after I do a hard switch off (back switch) and switch on a few times it works out I'm connected via hdmi and sends a signal via hdmi asking me whether I want to change to hdmi. It doesn't happen very often, it happened at the weekend and had my completely confused...pulling out the tv, checking tv settings, cables etc until I twigged.

Adeysan

Standard Member
Instead of power-cycling using the main switch at the back, just holding down the power button on the front panel while you power it up will reset all your video settings and prompt you to go through the setup screens again... might help, might not!

A

andyadair

Instead of power-cycling using the main switch at the back, just holding down the power button on the front panel while you power it up will reset all your video settings and prompt you to go through the setup screens again... might help, might not!

Yea ive tried every permutation of resets, cables, sequence of power ups, standing on one leg etc but no luck. It seems a lot of people are getting the same issue with different kit so im guessing its the PS3 - everything else works with HDMI as the PS3 did for 2 months.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom