• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 HDD performance issues

AvanCade

Standard Member
Recently I replaced the hard disk in my launch-PS3 model. I swapped the 60Gb for a Western Digital Scorpio 500gb WD5000BEVT. But since I replaced the disk I get performance issues on my PlayStation3. Dragon Age cut scenes stutter (while the HDD LED on the PS3 is on continuously). After the HDD LED is off the scene continues as it should. At the next scene it repeats the above.

At first I thought it was an issue with the game Dragon Age. But with the game DarkSiders I have the exact same problem. The menu when I press start takes 10 seconds to load while the HDD LED is active. When the HDD LED turns off the menu shows on screen.

I know of other people who used the same harddisk in their PlayStation3 as I did but they do not have the same problems.

Suggestions and solutions are very welcome.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom