PS3 Hard drive

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna purchase new HDD for PS3 I will be getting soon, but need to know if its SATA-150 interface or ATA-150 interface.
I suspect SATA-150 just need to confirm, cheers everyone

It's SATA.

Personally at the prices currently I'd use an external. Just yesterday I picked up a 160GB 3.5" SATA for £35 whereas a 160GB 2.5" drive would run to double that.

SATA it is then, the biggest available is 200gb but they are pricey I can stretch to 160gb so thats what im going for, thanks for quick response

yep sata, 5 screws to get at it, then insert new drive, replace 5 screws, cover up HDD, turn on PS3, it may ask to format HDD, then your away!

I have got a 160GB coming for mine tomorrow,the stock 60GB one is over half full already.

yep sata, 5 screws to get at it, then insert new drive, replace 5 screws, cover up HDD, turn on PS3, it may ask to format HDD, then your away!

cheers mate sounds pretty straight forward then, im ordering 160gb tomorrow, one thing does the formatting by the PS3 take a while considering the size of the drive?

It's SATA.

Personally at the prices currently I'd use an external. Just yesterday I picked up a 160GB 3.5" SATA for £35 whereas a 160GB 2.5" drive would run to double that.

what he said:thumbsup:

no, there would be no data on it, its only formatting it to make sure its FAT32, and if it already is, then its plug and play!

I'm gonna wait for my 12 month warranty to end, before I get adventurous with my PS3.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom