PS3 Hard Drive Upgrade

Kwozzii

Established Member
Reaction score

Been reading a few posts where peeps have been putting 120gb hdd's in their machines - just wondering which drives were being and if it keeps your settings at all.
Cheers,
Kwozzii

settings are stored on the PS3's actual memory, so you won't be losing any of them. the HDD is a seagate model, so its best to look for a seagate model, but all SATA HDD's are supposed to be supported.

yep, I put a 120gb Fujitsu in mine and it works fine (10gb for Linux and the rest for PS3)

Saying this, I am seriously tempted to get the esata converter kit to hook up a 3.5" external drive cos I can get a 300gb drive for about the same price or a 500gb for not much more. I can then store all my music/photos/videos all in one place :thumbsup:

bringing this thread back to life as i have a few questions if y'all don't mind:

is there a maximum size drive i can install? i'm thinking of going for around 300gb for music/video etc..

also hasn't been answered anywhere about game saves and profiles, usb key to copy then re-paste?
data for example call of duty and the maps etc.. all this is stored on the hard drive i would upgrade presumably?

cheers

sho.

All this has been answered in the main "Upgrading Hard Drive" thread.

Maximum drive size internally is 320GB at the moment, but hopefully 500GB drives will be out soon.

For saved games etc, just back up to external HDD or USB etc and restore after the upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom