• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ps3 hard drive corrupted

shug119

Standard Member
Hi my sons ps3 will not play, when it is switched on he gets . The hard drive disk file system is corrupted and will be restored. when you press ok ( X button) you get a progress bar, it goes to 44% then stops for a minute the goes to 100%, you then get a bit of music and the screen goes to the error message again.
I have pressed ok a few time but it always comes back to the hard drive error message.

The ps3 is from Play .com and is only 6 months old.
Cheers Shug.

chui

Banned
I haven't a clue what that problem is, never heard of it before. I would just ring Sony, 9/10 times they will collect broken unit and replace.

dan1991

Established Member
i had this happen to me quite a while ago. I restored it about 3 times when it tells you to and eventuly it worked and everything was still on the hdd :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom