• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 half-sound...need help.

groovytunes

Standard Member
:lease:
Sorry if this issue has been addressed before, but i did not find an answer in forums. A week ago I disconnected my ps3 from my hdtv, and connected to my 3dtv to test the 3d capabilities. I was considering buying a second ps3 system with $210 best buy rewards I have saved. It worked just fine. I reconnected the ps3 to the hdtv it was originally on via the hdmi cable. Now only half the in game sound can be heard. I switched to another hdmi cable, the sound seems to work but half of it is extremely low volume. I checked the settings, searched youtube and the net for answers but cannot find a solution. It seems to me maybe the hdmi connection in the ps3 was damaged somehow when I disconnecteed or re-connected the cable. Does anyone have any ideas or had this issue, or have a fix?
Thanks..

I want to note that I had no prior issues with this ps3 or hdtv.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
do a reset on the ps3 ,
when going from one tv an other tv or to new tv ,
every now and again the signal (hand shake) get's scramble,

hold the power button down for two beeps and that will reset the ps3 and should sort out the problem, ( well hopefully any ways:rolleyes:)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom