PS3 guy in need of Audio Help - No Audio on newer TV from game only

Raven2k360

Novice Member
Hi guys,
Here's a weird one, that I can't seem to find an answer to via the almighty Google. I have the OG Rocksmith (not the 2014 edition) on PS3, and with my PS3 hooked up to the TV via HDMI directly, it worked just fine on my old TV, but my newer TV has ZERO output from the game - but the PS3 outputs audio just fine with other games and the main OS. Any ideas what may be going on here, or how to fix it without getting convoluted with cabling? I don't play the game much, but it'd be nice to be able to when I get the urge.

As far as I know, the newer TV doesn't have a 'Game/PC Mode' (as suggested by Ubisoft) other than for picture color/quality, and I've tried toggling between 'Standard' and 'Enhanced' mode for the HDMI ports with no success. I'm using the same HDMI cable that was on the old setup as well, so there was no change there, and I really don't want to use a cable for inferior picture quality for a single game just to appease some janky programming. I feel like they had a great concept with Rocksmith in general, but things shouldn't be this complicated to work properly...

Old TV: Sony Briavia KDL-40V2500, manufactured in April '07
Newer TV: Sony Bravia KD65X750H

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom