• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 & GT5 Prologue £199 Catalogue Returns (ps3)

frosty1979

Just seen this over on HDUK.

http://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/game_home/ps3_game_home/hardware_ps3_game_home!829650

The following is taken from a post on HDUK from someone who works at choicesuk.

Hi Guys,

The warranty against these products is as follows:

ChoicesUK will provide a 30 day guarantee against all sales of catalogue returned consoles.

If an unused warranty card from Sony is present within the box, you will be entitled to a 12 month warranty from Sony UK.

In the scenario where a catalogue customer has purchased the console, filled in the warranty card but decided to return the product within 30 days, you will only be eligible for the ChoicesUK 30 day guarantee. Unfortunately I am not aware of Sony's policy with regard to previously registered warranties and whether they will honour the remaining term.

Make your own mind up before ordering, but, I have had a PS3 since launch day and not had a single problem with it.

Marcos

im on HUKD too, ive just bought one, you'll see my posts on that thread too

will report back with how it turns out

Marcos

That's the power of HotUKDeals, the site's become too popular for its own good.
yes and no, more people = more bargains spotted

i guess its a matter of how quick you can pull out your credit card, and how often you check the site

Marcos

received it today, registered it!

all looks good no marks, all paperwork sealed, gonna test it this evening after work :D

Parcel force delivered

Marcos

how were the updates? im about to set mine up and leave it updating firmware etc

Spikester84

Just ordered one, not sure if i'm too late, it has wen't through though.

But thanks for the heads up guys :smashin:

Steve

Marcos

new stock doesnt have GT5p included, just a heads up :eek:

its just the standard console

Earlyflash

About 6:58am this morning.

No idea who's the shipping company - sorry.

Shipping email came at 13:31pm.

Email simply says it'll be with me within 7 days...

Choices Delivery has been pretty good in the past.

Earlyflash

Well, it turned up this morning. It's not the GT5 model, and it has definitely been used before (User called 'Cool Dude').

The warranty card appears to be missing, but might call up sony and see what they can do.

Everything is in the box, and I'm just reformatting everything now. (3 hrs!!!).

Looks good so far, given the price.

EDIT: Sony accepted the registration of the console on the Web. I'm very happy right now - now to get some better cables (I can't believe that it's only composite in the box!)

EDIT: It came parcel force by the way.

y2k

The warranty card appears to be missing, but might call up sony and see what they can do.
There is no warranty card, you register it yourself online with the serial number thats on the bottom of the console. http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/registration/

I have read that you dont get a warranty from sony for a second hand console, but I registered my one just in case you do.

Earlyflash

Yes, worked that out - I've registered on the website - it didn't mention it being a second registration. Is there any way to check if it's already been registered or if Sony believe it's a first reg?

Marcos

Yes, worked that out - I've registered on the website - it didn't mention it being a second registration. Is there any way to check if it's already been registered or if Sony believe it's a first reg?
i dont think you would have had a sucessful registration if it had been registered before, so you;re ok

ubrain

About 6:58am this morning.

No idea who's the shipping company - sorry.

Shipping email came at 13:31pm.

Email simply says it'll be with me within 7 days...

Choices Delivery has been pretty good in the past.
Looks like you got lucky!
I ordered one for my son 6 hours earlier than that and only got the "we'll let you know when they're back in stock" email:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom