ps3 gripes...

oasisnut

Novice Member
A. grey wavy line on start-up /menu screen.
I dont like the fact that the wavy line is in grey ( it looks like somthing is wrong with the colour settings) i would like to be able to change this to a colour wavy line.
B. no 'reset' button.
when i finish playing a game, i eject the game and pop in another... the screen freezes so you have to turn off the ps3 and then on again... whats all that about?
C. No auto detect HDMI.
when i turn on the ps3 i would like my TV to auto switch to the ps3, at the momment i have to press the 'input' button 6 times to get the TV to display the device thats connected through HDMI
D. Auto load BD DVD
I would like my ps3 to auto load a BD disc when i insert it.

fid

I dont like the fact that the wavy line is in grey ( it looks like somthing is wrong with the colour settings) i would like to be able to change this to a colour wavy line.
The colour changes throughout the day - i'm sure a ruture firmware upgrade will allow you to use photgraph

B. no 'reset' button.
when i finish playing a game, i eject the game and pop in another... the screen freezes so you have to turn off the ps3 and then on again... whats all that about?
just exit the game using the ps button and then eject it ... you can then put in a new game and rplay that without any need to restart

C. No auto detect HDMI.
when i turn on the ps3 i would like my TV to auto switch to the ps3, at the momment i have to press the 'input' button 6 times to get the TV to display the device thats connected through HDMI
Nothing to do with Sony, that the HDMI input that doesn't switch like scart does ... het yourself a decent all in one remote such as a logitech harmony that'll auto switch your tv (and your amp if you have one) when you select play ps3

D. Auto load BD DVD
I would like my ps3 to auto load a BD disc when i insert it.

I'm sure it does ... check in the bluray options

nofear01

I thought you could change a lot of those in the settings?

Orwella

C. No auto detect HDMI.
Nothing to do with Sony, that the HDMI input that doesn't switch like scart does ... het yourself a decent all in one remote such as a logitech harmony that'll auto switch your tv (and your amp if you have one) when you select play ps3
My HDMI DVD Recorder switches inputs automatically when I turn it on/off.

AJUK

erm, ok, hardly a show stopper.

B. no 'reset' button.

Just press the PS button, and select quit game?

C. No auto detect HDMI.
when i turn on the ps3 i would like my TV to auto switch to the ps3, at the momment i have to press the 'input' button 6 times to get the TV to display the device thats connected
through HDMI

That's you tv not the ps3.

D. Auto load BD DVD
I would like my ps3 to auto load a BD disc when i insert it

Can't you select that option in the menu, or is that only for games ?

oasisnut

Novice Member
thanks for the replies guys... a few things in there i didnt realise ( i have only had my ps3 1 day)
will try using the PS button to 'reset' then tonight!:thumbsup:
i would like to be able to use a 'wallpaper' on the menu screen though...bit dissapointing that

fid

i would like to be able to use a 'wallpaper' on the menu screen though...bit dissapointing that

patience is the key ... i'm sure things like that will soon be implemented via future firmware upgrades

fyonn

Nothing to do with Sony, that the HDMI input that doesn't switch like scart does ...

actually, HDMI does include that support, so either the PS3 isn't sending an active signal, or the TV isn't respecting it.

dave

Steve-L

Yeah, my TV switches over to HDMI input when I turn my SkyHD or PS3 on. There is an option buried in the TV's menu somewhere to enable this.

oasisnut

Novice Member
i see, well i have a bravia 's' series... so i expect that they are compatible.... will have to look into the settings tonight for this!
cheers

PrivatePile76

I have some other gripes....

When I play Virtua Tennis 3 I can't find the online option.....I want to play with some of my friends on PSN...

Oh and apparently it wont play HALO 3 or Forza 2 when they are released...

:D

RichardBoult

Novice Member
Yeah, my TV switches over to HDMI input when I turn my SkyHD or PS3 on. There is an option buried in the TV's menu somewhere to enable this.

Can you shed more light on this. I have a Sony KDFE50A12 and this question has arisen in several threads........

If HDMI will autoswitch this would be a big step forward....

dodger747

Can you shed more light on this. I have a Sony KDFE50A12 and this question has arisen in several threads........

If HDMI will autoswitch this would be a big step forward....

There should be an option something like 'control with HDMI', that will auto switch when a HDMI signal is detected...:thumbsup:

I don't know exactly what it will be called on Sony sets but 'power on preference' may also help you out.

Fillumgeek

When I play Virtua Tennis 3 I can't find the online option.....I want to play with some of my friends on PSN...

You can certainly do that.......on Xbox 360; the online mode is brilliant!

Sorry, that didn't help you much

PrivatePile76

You can certainly do that.......on Xbox 360; the online mode is brilliant!

Sorry, that didn't help you much

LOLOLOLOL.....

Sorry fella I was being sarcastic.....I think I did put a smiley....

I'm a 360 owner and VT3 online is the mutts nutts...........the fun of the game is 50% online.....

AndyPee!!

...as an owner of both, im only going to play my PS3...(not through choice, my 360 is yet another to have developed the dreaded 3 lights of doom, and 2 months after the warranty too, and Microsoft want £80- Thank goodness i invested in a ps3)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom