Ps3 great for viewing your pics

kingfats

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi
Mainly used my Ps3 for Blueray so far but thought i'd connect up my camera to see how the Ps3 dealt and showed your digital camera pictures.Very impressed,pics load instantly and the whole viewing is fast and slick,oh yeah you can save all your pics as well which is great.Used to use the 360 for viewing my pics in HI-DEF but the Ps3 wins out on this feature easily.Cheers.

Totally agree, just come back from holiday and popped my SD card in the front of the PS3 and the pictures look fantastic. I'm also quite amazed with the speed you can flick through them. Also makes my camera phone (k800i) photos look good. :thumbsup:

I totally agree. I have never seen my images looking so good as they do on my Pioneer Plasma via the PS3 - absolutely stunning quality. Also very impressed with the speed you can flick through them.

For me this is the best feature of the PS3 at poresent - I am still waiting for some Blu Ray disks to arrive which was the main reason for buying the PS3.

Another big thumbs up for this feature, the PS3 has been criticized for being expensive, but it is so much more than a games console. Sony should promote the other features in my opinion the PS3 is a bargain, given that you also get a Blu Ray player in the deal:smashin:

the missus is over the moon with me buying a PS3

the reason,

I have put all of our digital pictures and movies on the HD and she loves it viewing them on our 42inch plasma instead of the pc monitor

it's also very easy to use and puts them in order of month taken etc

she also likes Virtua Tennis 3 so we are a happy household atm, that is until i try to prize the controller from her grasp to play Motorstorm :nono:

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Yeah, its good how you can play a song or an album then press the ps button allowing the music to be in the background, then either manually go through your pictures or use a slideshow, with the music in the background. My lcd just makes my pictures look fantastic with the colours been a lot more vivid and generally nicer.

EDIT : is there any proper zoom function in the photo viewer? I know you can set the picture to zoom, but is there a way to zoom in manually on general parts of the photo?

allthough the picture quality of the ps3 is amazing and can obviously display higher res pictures better i still prefer my wii for viewing them, its just so much easier and of course has a better novelty factor to it :D i can also zoom and move/scroll with the wiimote

allthough the picture quality of the ps3 is amazing and can obviously display higher res pictures better i still prefer my wii for viewing them, its just so much easier and of course has a better novelty factor to it :D

Have to agree with Solar, but the PS3 still does an excellent job.

Fuzzybee. How did you put your movies on to the HD?

I put my wedding photos on my PS3... Press Start, and the slide show format is really clever. I really like the feature, as does my wife.

Yeah, its good how you can play a song or an album then press the ps button allowing the music to be in the background, then either manually go through your pictures or use a slideshow, with the music in the background. My lcd just makes my pictures look fantastic with the colours been a lot more vivid and generally nicer.

Thanks, I've been trying to figure out how to do just that.
Nice one fella, praise be to these forums :thumbsup:

It's really good on portrait setting as the PS3 can autodetect facial features to pan and zoom into. Seems quite a clever little feature. You can watch a video of it here as an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDypErvJrD0

Nice one,good feature i'll have to try that out.Seems to be a lot more than meets the eye with the Ps3.

yeah i love viewing photos on the PS3 - its so simple to just plug in a sd card and sit back and enjoy.

the PS3 has so many hidden features to have fun finding and the card slots are a massive bonus.

Yep great feature, looks really slick.

Whilst the PS3 may lack a few bells and whistles of the 360 dashboard, it more than makes up for them in class. I'm sure some of the missing features will eventually arrive, making a very classy, intuitive and feature packed XMB.

I absolutely love the pic side of things also and use it quite a bit actually (didn't think I would)
But... I have set my camera to take pics at the highest resolution (which is higher than what the PS3 is outputting at) but the pics still dont fill the screen...why is this? Not complaining, just wondering?
:)

I connected my Nikon D80 to the PS3, and i was stunned by the superb PQ on my plasma screen, i also tryed to connect my camera directly to my plasma (Panasonic TH42PV500) but the quality wasnt near the the PS3:clap:

I just found Slideshow > Photo album view.
How clever is that?

Shame about the single zoom though. It zooms right in during portrait slide shows but you don't appear to to be able to do it manually.

I find it has problems playing the movie clips from my casio exim (.avi) - Media center works fine...Also I think the ps3 can be slow in listing photos with thumbs, especially if you have a large memory card with many many pictures.

Still, nice if I didn't use wmc.

I must admit that I love the PS3's photo viewing functionality. Being able to fire us a CD i've burned to the HDD and then stick my w800i's card in and watch a slideshow is great. The photo album mode is superb as the HD resolution means that the photo's look great whilst the presentation with the photo's falling and sliding and the time & date being displayed is great. It's amazing how good the W800i shots look to be honest, especially the daytime ones.:)

Its good with high resolution photos, but lower res ones dont show so well as theres no "native" showing, it always blows them up (unless ive missed an option?).

Regarding the slideshow, how come some have negatives and others dont?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom