Ps3 Games a HUGE disappointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anotherlimey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all :hiya:

Well where do i start? I suppose Lair is a good place, Well im not suprised to be honest, Mega hype and zero quality :rolleyes:

Lets talk about Heavenly sword, A very short over rated button masher, Ok it looks sweet but gameplay and replay value, No thanks :thumbsdow

Even Motorstorm has its limits, Good game but not that great, Is there a good reason to buy a PS3 for games at the moment?

Any games that are good for the console are 360 ports it seems and as someone that owns both machines i personly choose the 360 version for the superior online and the bonus of achievments.

The only thing im looking forward to in the coming months is drunking nights on SingStar if that is finally released :cool:

Is there any reason to buy a PS3 in the next six months games wise? :confused:

I agree about Lair, but the same sites that have given damning reviews were the ones who gave stellar previews. If they hadn't outright lied in the first place then so many fans wouldn't have been disappointed.

Do you have Lair or Heavenly Sword? HS has actually gotten decent reviews. I think the metacritic average is above 8 which is good. There are a number of exlcusive good/great games on the PS3 currently, and lots more on the way. To note a few:

WARHAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
resistance
ridge racer 7
motorstorm
tekken 5 online
blastfactor
ninja gaiden
calling all cars

unreal tournament (exclusive for a while anyway)
haze
little big planet
mgs 4
gt5 / prologue
socom
final fantasy 13
killzone

how can you argue with that list? granted some may not be in the next 6 months but if you really can't wait then be happy with the 360. i sold my 360 last week. it sat in the corner getting dusty despite me having over 20 games for it. each to their own...

Yes there is and I'm certainly not getting rid of mine like some other people are. Although I haven't played it Warhawk is supposed to be quite good. Then there is Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted, Socom Confrontation, LittleBigPlanet, Pain, UT3, Haze ( although this one is debateable at the moment ), Singstar, Heavenly Sword ( despite it's short comings it still a game worth playing ), EchoChrome, Everyday Shooter, Wipeout HD, GT5 Prologue, Hot Shots Golf 5, MGS4 ( next year ), Killzone 2 ( next year ). Burnout Paradise is looking better on the PS3 at the moment. I'm sure there are a few others I have missed. There is also Home to look forward too. Lair is the only exclusive game so far that has been dissapointing.

i personly choose the 360 version for the superior online

I seriously don't know where this arises from, Xbox Live may have the bells and whistles, but I've rarely experienced lag in a PS3 game online. Resistance, Motorstorm and Warhawk all offer dedicated servers, which is more than Microsoft seem to be willing to do for a service you actually pay for. Halo 3 will probably be the first that uses them.

Hello all :hiya:

Well where do i start? I suppose Lair is a good place, Well im not suprised to be honest, Mega hype and zero quality :rolleyes:

Lets talk about Heavenly sword, A very short over rated button masher, Ok it looks sweet but gameplay and replay value, No thanks :thumbsdow

Even Motorstorm has its limits, Good game but not that great, Is there a good reason to buy a PS3 for games at the moment?

Any games that are good for the console are 360 ports it seems and as someone that owns both machines i personly choose the 360 version for the superior online and the bonus of achievments.

The only thing im looking forward to in the coming months is drunking nights on SingStar if that is finally released :cool:

Theres loads of decent games coming on the PS3 before xmas. Not all multiplatform games are going to be better on the X360. Ive seen a comparison of COD4 and it looks more detailed on the PS3 and doesnt sacrifice framerate or AA. I've noticed your a bit of a X360 fanboy who wishes he hadnt bought a PS3. Sell it then. I don't really care. I don't see why you have to start a thread about it. Or maybe you just wanted to troll.

I dont think HS is really a button masher either... The first time i played the demo, I did button mash. But after playing it through a few times i was learning the combos.It is much more fun to learn them and pull them off each time you do them, and you can do some pretty cool moves.If i hadnt of played the demo i dont think i would be buying it. Its not my usual sort of game.But i might look at future titles like it, because of it.

I've noticed your a bit of a X360 fanboy who wishes he hadnt bought a PS3. Sell it then. I don't really care. I don't see why you have to start a thread about it. Or maybe you just wanted to troll.

Whether he has valid points or not he is entitled to voice his opinion. To a certain extent there is validity in his comments but I think speaking in the long term the PS3 will prove it's a worthy console to own. Iimplying he is a fanboy isn't really a good idea. I doubt he was directing his post to you specifically anyway and probably doesn't care what you think nor was he trolling. He has been around for a long time and I don't think he is the type to make trolling comments. Please try and be careful with your words in future.

I do think there are too many threads and posts commenting on how people are dissapointed with the lack of software but until things get better in that respect I suspect they will continue to pop up. Especially with more and more people buying PS3's lately due to all the deals. Anyone buying a PS3 now probably should seriously consider whether they are going to be happy to wait for the games to come out.

I've noticed your a bit of a X360 fanboy who wishes he hadnt bought a PS3. Sell it then. I don't really care. I don't see why you have to start a thread about it. Or maybe you just wanted to troll.

Exactly my thoughts, seems a bit of a wind up post to me.

Don't like the line up of games for a machine you paid quite a wedge for then you either did zero homework before buying it and/or cut your losses and sell now. Maybe a shock to some but there are ppl that enjoy what the PS3 has to offer. There are even ppl that don't own a 360 (shock horror!!) so can play cross platform games they haven't tried yet, either way I see it as flame bait also.

I make no secret of the fact that I sold my PS3 as it got absolutely zero use but I do think it will come into its own eventually, just not for a long time yet. I'd say maybe a year from now before there are games that make it worth another look. I cant see why anyone would own both consoles yet tbh. Both are very similar but the 360 has infinitely more games and does everything just that little bit better. There is only really RFOM that is a plus point for the PS3 at the moment and that isnt that great and certainly not enough to justify owning the console for. Maybe the only way to justify one yet is if you want to watch BR films but even that will be short lived as proper BR players are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time and it wont be long before there are dedicated players that cost less than a PS3 and do a better job.

Games alone I would have to say no to your question, I honestly cant think of any titles that will hit in the next six months that will make me want to get another PS3.

I don't have a xbox360 have no intention of getting one, until they produce one with less noise. Therefore, I am 100% happy that there are ports of xbox 360 games coming on the PS3 as it gives me and people who do not own a xbox360 a chance to play them.

Exactly my thoughts, seems a bit of a wind up post to me.

Exactly. Does he really think he has to tell us that he wishes he didnt buy a PS3? It was def trying to wind up people. If you're too cheap to buy a PS3 then don't buy one.

Mod Comment

As Moogle has already stated, whether you agree with the OP or not he is more than entitled to his opinion. If you feel it is trolling that's fine too but please don't spoil the OP's thread by coming in to it and denigrating his opinion by stating he is trolling.

Constructive, civil discussion is very welcome but calling people fanboys and accusing them of trolling is not. Mods are more than capable of spotting a troll and I assure you if the thread was created simply to cause a reaction it wouldn't be here now.

Any more posts that are neither constructive or civil will be deleted so please, can we have a decent debate without anyone mud flinging.:lease:

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Thankyou Moogle and Dave W :)

Originally Posted by Chief Killer View Post

Just to clear it up im not a fanboy or a troll thankyou :rolleyes:

Im a PS3 owner and am within my rights to voice my opinion.

Im sure in the years to come there are going to be some fantastic games in the PS3 libary and with the new PSN coming im sure in a year or two the PS3 will be the console to own.

Im talking about gaming now and in the coming six months which im sure you would admit looks pretty thin on the ground to say the least.

The PS3 has massive potential but like i said im talking about now not 12-18 months time, For me if i had to choose a console now and only own one it would be the 360 without a doubt, Thats not a fanboy comment thats the comment of someone that wants a vast choice of games now. ;)

Im talking about gaming now and in the coming six months which im sure you would admit looks pretty thin on the ground to say the least.

Well the majority of games Moogle mentioned are coming within the next 6 months, and some more he didn't mention. The PS3 has had a huge games drought, thats for sure, but beginning with Warhawk's release, its the start of a decent list of games coming this side of Xmas.

There are loads of decent exclusives coming to PS3 in the next 6 months as well as loads of multiplatform titles. Its pretty fanboyish to think that multiplatform games will automatically be better on X360. Some will be better on PS3 (for example COD4 is more detailed on PS3 and Sega Rally is smoother on X360).

I don't suppose we could have a F word amnesty here? As soon as it gets a mention threads tend to deteriorate.

What i dont understand is this rose tinted view of the 360 and assault of the ps3 games catalogue. yes the 360 has built up a good games catalogue, but its taken time, when it launched the first 12 months were hit and miss regarding aaa games, the ps3 is about to hit a sweet spot of games and looking at the list above shows that, these are games that will be here within the next 4 months or so, i just think that people are over critical regarding the ps3 about the choice of games because some have appeared on 360 first, if your not happy with it fine, sell it, but i think anyone looking at that list and not seeing a good selection of games worth keeping the ps3 for should sell it because they will never be satisfied.

Some will be better on PS3 (for example COD4 is more detailed on PS3 and Sega Rally is smoother on X360).

I don't see how you can make that statement as neither game is finished yet so we don't know if the final product will be better on either platform or virtually the same on both.

At the end of the day everyone has to make their own decision as to which console is right for them especially if they can only afford one. People have different criteria when choosing a console as well as different expectations. They also can have different tastes so one console may more likely offer what they are looking for in games then another will.

I do agree from my own personal point of view there are a number of games coming out on the PS3 in the next month that I want to play. The list in one of my previous posts indicates which ones. This may not be the case for everyone though. Unlike a lot of people though I am prepared to wait for the games rather then sell the console now and maybe buy it again in the future. Then again I have all three consoles as well as a decent PC so I have more then enough choice in games.

And by the way please stop using the fanboy reference as there really is no need for it.

A simple answer to that question is no, but only if you already own a 360. The only two decent exclusive games on the PS3 catalogue at the moment is MotorStorm and Resistance Fall of Man, although Warhawk is tempting me too. However, the majority of other games can be bought on the 360.

Personally I did not buy my PS3 for its games catalogue in 2007, my purchase was mainly for its Blu-ray capabilities. Plus, I am genuinely looking forward to some of the titles to come out in 2008, namely LittleBigPlanet and MGS4.

There are loads of decent exclusives coming to PS3 in the next 6 months as well as loads of multiplatform titles. Its pretty fanboyish to think that multiplatform games will automatically be better on X360. Some will be better on PS3 (for example COD4 is more detailed on PS3 and Sega Rally is smoother on X360).

Nowhere did i say Multiplatform titles are better on the 360.

And once again im not a bloody fanboy, Ok? :rolleyes:

A simple answer to that question is no, but only if you already own a 360. The only two decent exclusive games on the PS3 catalogue at the moment is MotorStorm and Resistance Fall of Man, although Warhawk is tempting me too. However, the majority of other games can be bought on the 360.

Personally I did not buy my PS3 for its games catalogue in 2007, my purchase was mainly for its Blu-ray capabilities. Plus, I am genuinely looking forward to some of the titles to come out in 2008, namely LittleBigPlanet and MGS4.

It all comes down to a persons taste in games. Looking at exclusive games I would have to disagree with that as three of my most anticipated games this year are Heavenly Sword, Ratchet And Clank and Uncharted. I'm also really interested in the LittleBigPlanet demo, Everyday Shooter, Pain, and Echochrome. There is only one anticipated game on the 360 for me for the rest of the year and that is Mass Effect. I don't really care for Halo. On the Wii there are also three which are Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers Brawl.

I generally dislike playing FPS games on the consoles, Bioshock being one of the exceptions, and prefer to playh them on the PC. A lot of the big games on the 360 tend to be FPS games so for me there is a lot more choice on the PS3 and Wii.

Mod comment

On a more general note if the word 'fanboy" is mentioned once more action will be taken.

It all comes down to a persons taste in games. Looking at exclusive games I would have to disagree with that as three of my most anticipated games this year are Heavenly Sword, Ratchet And Clank and Uncharted. I'm also really interested in the LittleBigPlanet demo, Everyday Shooter, Pain, and Echochrome. There is only one anticipated game on the 360 for me this for the rest of the year and that is Mass Effect. I don't really care for Halo. On the Wii there are also three which are Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers Brawl.

Aside from Pain :D, my thoughts are exactly the same, its almost scary...

Most consoles have a pretty drab first year, 360 included (though to be fare it did better than ps3 and wii). I remember not buying the ps2 for a year after its release primarily becuase i couldnt afford it at the time. Out of all the 3 current cosoles the wii has by far the worst software line up. Besides 2 of the greatest games of all time (well ok they were GC games really) Zelda and RE4 the wii has had next to nothing of worth released. So i think the PS3 has done better than Wii, but it cannot be denied the 360 has an amazing library in part due to its headstart biut also i think due to its architecture.

Overall i'm very pleased with all my consoles (even the wii) as theyve all got plus points. My 360 is my main games console for now but my ps3 is my main multimedia device in the lounge (gaming, video, music and internet).

Nowhere did i say Multiplatform titles are better on the 360.

And one again im not a bloody fanboy, Ok? :rolleyes:

Um yes you did in your original post. You said youd buy all the multiplatform games on the X360.

There enough decent games on all 3 systems to warrant owning all of them. Will people stop saying there is no decent games on the PS3. There are just as many on the PS3 as there are on the X360. In fact on my preorder list there are more Ps3 games than X360. Work that one out.

Out of all the 3 current cosoles the wii has by far the worst software line up. Besides 2 of the greatest games of all time (well ok they were GC games really) Zelda and RE4 the wii has had next to nothing of worth released.

Maybe from a hardcore gamer point of view but certainly not a casual gamer point of view which is Nintendo's primary target this generation. Admittedly the selection of games for the hardcore gamer and the loyal Nintendo fans has been sparse although it is slightly better in the US then over here. However the reason why the console is selling so well is because of games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Brain Academy, Wario Ware, Rayman, Sonic etc.

Personally I do feel they should be putting more of an effort on the hardcore gamer but as long as they release their main franchises that's better then nothing. The main problem is with the mostly poor "cash in" line up of third party games. At least the Wii is selling like hotcakes which can only be a good thing in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom