PS3 Game Remote Play.

• Gimmick?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Useful?

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andytabor

So its been revealed that Lair on the PS3 is compatile with remote play.

Useless gimmick or a useful feature?

andytabor

yeah i know, its pants. But i mean the idea of game remote play in general.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
If anything, remote play for Lair is exactly what you want as so much of the criticism of the game seems to be down to the inoperable controls. If something like remote play allows you to use the analogue stick/nipple then it can only be a good thing.

Other than short sighted developers like Factor 5 missing key options like this in the main game, i can't really see the pull. It reminds me of all the Nintendo attemps at inter connectivity. It sounded novel and may have worked but i don't know anyone who used a GBA as a GC controller or the like.

Shoki

I voted gimmick, as i actually have'nt found anything usefull for it yet, ok so i can watch the movies i have on the ps3 on my psp but why would i want to when i have a nice shiny 37inch lcd? and considering i have to turn the ps3 on and allow remote play through the xmb which involves having the television on in the first place i really dont see a practical use for it. I'm sure something of more use will appear for it but right now i just don't see the point, just my take.

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
It sounded novel and may have worked but i don't know anyone who used a GBA as a GC controller or the like.

I used it for Zelda 4swords and FF:CC.

Personally it was pretty gimmicky and the games could have had pretty much the same gameplay without it.

Not really that much use! IMO. Unless they build controllers with screens in as standard.

Ol!ver

Depends how it goes from here. I like the idea of playing a game, say Tomb Raider at home, then figuring out how to do the bit I'm stuck on and doing it via the PSP from elsewhere. Now if THAT'S how it works, then I like it. It's like buying a PS3 game and getting the PSP version free.

andytabor

Depends how it goes from here. I like the idea of playing a game, say Tomb Raider at home, then figuring out how to do the bit I'm stuck on and doing it via the PSP from elsewhere. Now if THAT'S how it works, then I like it. It's like buying a PS3 game and getting the PSP version free.

Yeah, if it's possible to use it over the net like normal remote play then it could prove useful. Personally what interests me is the possible uses developers could find for it, someone like Hideo Kojima im sure could find genius uses for it. Remember in MGS the old "put the controller on the floor and i'll make it move with my mind" trick from Psycho Mantis.

But i think personally sony did the remote play thing just for the initial wow factor it gives.

Usama

Distinguished Member

Moogle

Distinguished Member

Usama

Distinguished Member

Moogle

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom