• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Freezing problem with LBP?

winstano

Established Member
Does anyone else's PS3 have a bit of an issue with freezing on startup when LBP is in the drive?

Sometimes when I turn it on, it gets to the wavy lines and freezes, other times it gets to my desktop pic, but it happens about 50% of the time I turn my PS3 on with LBP already in the drive... If I power it up with nothing in the drive it's fine, same with any other game, it's only LBP this happens with...

April 07 60GB model (Original HDD installed still) if that helps?

clc.sheff

Distinguished Member
Do you have auto loading of your disks? I have read that some people have had random crashing with a couple of titles that don't seem to auto load well. I've never had that problem as I load out of the xmb menu.

When I quit out of LBP quite a few times my system re boots the xmb from scratch rather than just switching back like in other games which was a bit disturbing at first

winstano

Established Member
Nope, auto loading off...

Bretto

Established Member
YES, I do.
Sorry, but I don't play it at the moment so I haven't bothered finding the answer to the issue.
At least i'm not the only one now!!! :rolleyes:

TyFlip

Established Member
Hi,

A few of the lads in the Call of Duty sub forum have been experiencing Freezes but its only been due to the online mode and not upon start up.

It's not nice.:thumbsdow

winstano

Established Member
It seems that the new firmware sorts out the LBP problem...

Honeysuckle

Standard Member
LBP freezes my PS3 alot and its not pleasant.
It lags horribly for me, its slow, and it crashes the ps3 as well. I thought it was only me ..but I guess not~

I always have to reboot the PS3 or it automatically does it it sucks!

Sepherzz

Established Member
LBP freezes my PS3 alot and its not pleasant.
It lags horribly for me, its slow, and it crashes the ps3 as well. I thought it was only me ..but I guess not~

I always have to reboot the PS3 or it automatically does it it sucks!

The lag has been really bad online today. Esp the skate boarding game, lags a hell of alot.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom