PS3 forum busier than 360 forum...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannius

Just an observation and not meant to start an argument (I have a 360 but not a PS3 so not in anyway fanboy motivated).

I have noticed the last few times I have logged on to the forums that the PS3 forum has been busier than the 360 forum, does anyone think this together with the strong sales for PS3 GTA4 may represent the start of a swing towards the PS3 in general?

daveaka

Novice Member
Either that or the 360 owners are busy playing games rather than talking about them!
:D the 360 forum still has nearly 300,00 more posts too..The ps3 is selling well at the moment though...

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I tend to spend most of my time in there now where as before I was pretty much always in the 360 forum. I guess it's just games orientated and there's a lot of big games coming for the PS3. Just checked now and there were 25 people viewing the PS3 forums and 16 viewing the 360 forums so (whilst you would have to check at various times in the day to get a fully accurate picture) that does indicate that it's busier these days.

Thekop

Novice Member
I don't frequent the PS3 forums at all now. I did from the start when i got my PS3, but now I find it to be a very immature and obnoxious place to visit.. Plus the constant locking of threads does nothing for me ... :rolleyes:

I enjoy the Nintendo and Xbox 360 forums though :smashin:

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Just checked now and there were 25 people viewing the PS3 forums and 16 viewing the 360 forums so (whilst you would have to check at various times in the day to get a fully accurate picture) that does indicate that it's busier these days.
I've noticed that those figures you see don't include people viewing threads - just those in the top level forum itself, so they can be a bit misleading. I would expect this forum to attract PS3 owners because it's an AV forum and the PS3 has a big leaning to AV with it's BD player.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I've noticed that those figures you see don't include people viewing threads - just those in the top level forum itself, so they can be a bit misleading. I would expect this forum to attract PS3 owners because it's an AV forum and the PS3 has a big leaning to AV with it's BD player.
They were just the total numbers of people viewing the forums and all the sub forums in the 360 & PS3 forums. Just had another look now and it's 31 for PS3 and 29 for 360 so pretty close all in all.

That's a valid point re: the AV aspects of the PS3 and we saw the reverse with the XBox last time. Although the XBox sold only a fraction of the consoles that the PS2 did, it was a more popular format on here due to the AV (Media Centre) applications that could be had with a modded XBox.

I don't frequent the PS3 forums at all now. I did from the start when i got my PS3, but now I find it to be a very immature and obnoxious place to visit.. Plus the constant locking of threads does nothing for me ...

I enjoy the Nintendo and Xbox 360 forums though
I find them both about the same as each other really. Sure there are some blinkered fanboy's and some immature members, but that's also the case in the 360 forums. There's good and bad in both to be honest and it's not really until you move from spending more of your time in one to the other, that you really see how blinkered some folk are.

I think we all have a slight bias at one time or another (it's only natural) and currently my bias is slightly towards the PS3. The problem comes when folk have a locked bias one way or the other that will never change. The likes of myself really just love games and ultimately the console will never be a deciding factor on what I play. With other folk it will be. My bias will change almost constantly through a generation of consoles and will never be locked to just one brand.

I guess that there's probably a lot of folk like myself which just swing from one forum to another depending on what games are out on which console at a given time. That will no doubt swell the figures one way or the other, depending on the strength of a console's game release line up at a certain time.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
They were just the total numbers of people viewing the forums and all the sub forums in the 360 & PS3 forums. Just had another look now and it's 31 for PS3 and 29 for 360 so pretty close all in all.
I've noticed the viewing figure doesn't reflect everyone in the forums or sub-forums though - when there was 100 odd people viewing the GTA pre-order thread in the 360 forum, yet the total number displayed viewing the 360 forum was less than 100. It's perhaps more indicative to look at the numbers of views of threads in the relevant forum.

Razor

I find them both about the same as each other really. Sure there are some blinkered fanboy's and some immature members, but that's also the case in the 360 forums. There's good and bad in both to be honest and it's not really until you move from spending more of your time in one to the other, that you really see how blinkered some folk are.

I find the console sections full of blinkered fan boys and its pretty much why I stay out of both sections and mainly post in this small quiet section. I find this section has owners of all systems and a fairly balanced and mature approach to gaming. The last time I posted in the console section was to take the mickey out of all the "what hand will you open the GTA box with" threads. :rotfl:

Honestly some of the threads and posts were totally laughable and provided me with great entertainment. :smashin:

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I've noticed the viewing figure doesn't reflect everyone in the forums or sub-forums though - when there was 100 odd people viewing the GTA pre-order thread in the 360 forum, yet the total number displayed viewing the 360 forum was less than 100. It's perhaps more indicative to look at the numbers of views of threads in the relevant forum.
It should be pretty accurate but I guess it's real time so that people can leave in the time it takes to come out and check the overall forums. Seems pretty spot on when you add up the individual forums. Either way, without adding up figures etc. it's pretty clear that the forums are pretty healthy in the 360, PS3 and Wii sections these days.

I find the console sections full of blinkered fan boys and its pretty much why I stay out of both sections and mainly post in this small quiet section. I find this section has owners of all systems and a fairly balanced and mature approach to gaming. The last time I posted in the console section was to take the mickey out of all the "what hand will you open the GTA box with" threads.

Honestly some of the threads and posts were totally laughable and provided me with great entertainment.
I find the PC forums the worst (present company exluded as you are always more than welcoming) to be honest as there's an eliment of elitism in that forum that I don't like. I was building PC's back in the early 90's and remember the joy of upgrading my 486 25mhz to a 100hmz chip but some feel that just because you'd rather play console games now that you simply aren't worthy. Where as 360 & PS3 don't really have much to argue about (they are both basically the same at the end of the day) the PC is a completely different market and there's often an us and them attitude going on.

Most console discussions are pretty light hearted and the people that take it all too seriously are easily ignored :D.

I agree however, that this forum can be a kind of neutral ground which leads to some of the more interesting discussions on the forum. There are some very laughable threads in the console sub forums and I guess they do attract a less mature level of gamer. That said, there's still some great threads in there and if you are interested in console games then all of the forums make for a good read IMO.

Razor

I think you also have to take into account google/yahoo and other sorts of bots as well. These show up in the viewing figures.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member

mossym

Distinguished Member
hey now, the 360 is a much better console, so you should have put it before ps3 in your post...

:D;):clap:

(joker hat off)

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
hey now, the 360 is a much better console, so you should have put it before ps3 in your post...

:D;):clap:

(joker hat off)
:D :rotfl:

To be honest, if someone had said put them in order of life expectancy then i'd fully agree.

I dread to think how busy the PS3 forums would be if they had their very own RROD type thread.

Most typed questions/comments in the 360 forum "So they don't send you a box then?!?!" "How long did your console take to come back?" "They just replaced the mobo on mine"

Only jesting. To be fair, if you get rid of the reliability and noise issues, there's very little that folk can have a go at the 360 about. Great online, great games, great controller etc.

On a serious note the faulty 360 thread is (from what I can see) the 4th biggest 360 thread, almost up there with my mighty Amazon Pre order thread in terms of replies (over 3100). It certainly has some impact however on how busy the forum is, expecially in the past when they problem was more common.

For me, there are too many 360 sub forums. It's a chore to keep checking them all.
Yeah, tricky one really. I guess the forums are nice and tidy and well organised, but it is a pain having to go into and read through them all. Without them though, the first page of posts would probably all be GTAIV at the moment.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
What is the point in this thread? Don't we have enough fanboy threads or PS3 v Xbox360 threads? Seriously guys, enjoy the games, talk about the games but not about how busy forums are etc. If you're a serious gamer buy both consoles and enjoy both. They have their merits and faults which are worthy of discussion but eventually the fanboys turn it into a childish mêlée that end up being closed and the cycle begins again.

mossym

Distinguished Member
What is the point in this thread? Don't we have enough fanboy threads or PS3 v Xbox360 threads? Seriously guys, enjoy the games, talk about the games but not about how busy forums are etc. If you're a serious gamer buy both consoles and enjoy both. They have their merits and faults which are worthy of discussion but eventually the fanboys turn it into a childish mêlée that end up being closed and the cycle begins again.
:smashin::lesson:

listen to the man, his words are wise

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
:D Sounds like one of my posts - Are you CAS FAN in disguise!

All valid points indeed. All 3 current consoles are nice and popular now so all is good in the video gaming world. :thumbsup:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
:D Sounds like one of my posts - Are you CAS FAN in disguise!

All valid points indeed. All 3 current consoles are nice and popular now so all is good in the video gaming world. :thumbsup:
and with that last comment,the curtain of closure descends on this thread too....:hiya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom