PS3 DZ230 Bravia 40w

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rem303, Sep 6, 2007.

1. rem303

rem303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please help me? I have bought a PS3, a Sony Bravia 40W and a Sony DVD Home Theatre System DAV-DZ230 (European Version). The problem I am having is that I cannot get sound to come from the PS3 out of the DVD System. I have set it up like this, the PS3 is connected to the TV via a HDMI cable, and the DVD System is also connected to TV via another HDMI cable. There is also a SCART cable going from the TV to the DVD System. I can get sound out of the DVD System speaker’s fine when using the DVD System and I can also get sound from the TV (freeview) also through the SCART. But when I use the PS3 no sound comes from the DVD System, it comes out of the actual TV speaker’s fine. Basically in a nutshell, I want to watch Blu-ray movies on my PS3 with the sound coming from the DVD System.
    I hoping someone can tell me that I have set it up incorrectly and not that I’ve bought the wrong equipment. If I have, could you advise me on what to get to sort this out?

Many Thanks:lease:

Rob

2. t1m103

t1m103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    run a optical lead out of the ps3 to the DAV-DZ230,you will need to select optical audio in the ps3 settings.
    FORGET THE ABOVE IT DONT HAVE A OPTICAL INPUT.
    think the above might not be suitable for a ps3 as it has no optical or audio inputs for it.