• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

ps3 dvd up scaling options ??

Oggie

Distinguished Member
when go into dvd up scaling settings there are options (normal, none, full screen and double), could somebody please explain what do these different options do ??

honkydonky

Novice Member
If you go to manual.playstation.net/document you can read the full manual rather than the quick guide that comes in the box

For reference this is the bit you wanted:

DVD Upscaler
Adjust settings for upscaled output when playing a DVD. Upscaling is a feature that can be used to enable content recorded at SD resolution (NTSC: 480p / 480i, PAL: 576p / 576i) to be displayed in HD resolution (1080p / 1080i / 720p). Because the video content of commercial DVDs is recorded in SD resolution, higher resolution video can be achieved by enabling upscaled output.

Off Set to disable upscaled output.
Double Scale* Set to upscale and display with double horizontal and vertical dimensions without changing the proportions.
Normal Set to upscale and display at a size that matches the screen size.
Full Screen Set to upscale and display at full screen by changing proportions and stretching the image

* This option can be used only when the video output setting of the PS3™ system is set to 1080p or 1080i.

Hints
To use this feature, a TV that is compatible with HD input and output must be connected using an HDMI or component AV cable. Also, the video output setting of the PS3™ system must be set to 1080p, 1080i, or 720p.
When playing copyright-protected DVD content such as commercially available DVD-Video, an HDMI cable is required to upscale the video content.
If image quality is reduced or the image does not look right when upscaled, set this option to [Off].

Oggie

Distinguished Member
nice one mate, so i take it best is double scale - upscales it without changing proportions of screen displayed ??

honkydonky

Novice Member
I haven't tried on mine yet my lcd does not arrive until monday.

Reading it I would try normal first, see how it looks and then try double after, trial and error I think

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom