ps3 & DTS-HD Master Audio 6.1??

wilfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a PS3 connected via HDMI to a Sony 5200es amp, I also bought xmen 3 on bluray which has a 6.1 DTS-HD track.The PS3 does not seem to output the full 6.1, the amp only sees 5.1.Is this a limitation to the PS3 , in the sound options 7.1 is listed but not 6.1.Will this be fixed in an update?:lease:

I had this film until recently on region a, and can confirm on my pioneer 2016 amp it did output 6.1 sound no problem. Just check the settings on the PS3 and maybe play the film with the display from the PS3 running it should state 6.1 in the top right corner.

I would check myself but have just sent my pioneer in for the HDMI firmware upgrade so am ampless at the moment.

The PS3 only supports DTS-HD at 5.1 so you wont get anything higher than that.. i heard they were going to do a firmware update to add higher support but nothing has come of it.

The PS3 only supports DTS-HD at 5.1 so you wont get anything higher than that.. i heard they were going to do a firmware update to add higher support but nothing has come of it.

I read in EDGE that you had to purchase an addon which would make it 7.1 (TRUEHD). Not quite sure how this device would work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom