PS3 Doing nothing

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jazz lang, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jazz lang

jazz lang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Guys,

This is the first time I have been on here for a while and I thought I would see if anyone else is finding the same problem as myself with their PS. I rushed out and bought one on launch day and played it for the first few days and then realised that LIVE was way better than network and the games I had on my 360 are way better than the ones on my PS. At the moment I dont even look at it as a games machine, I just feel like I got a not to bad priced blue-ray player. I was just on play and looking at what games I am going to buy this year and the only game I wil be buying for PS is ratchet and clank. For my 360 there is 5 games and for my WII 3 games. I just thought I would share my disapointment with you all and finish by saying there is a bright side I can not wait for snake to come out and well thats about it!!!!

2. TwoJs

TwoJs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,982
    :boring: heard this all before mate but its gonna closed by a mod as this looks like its gonna turn into a PS3 v 360 debate !!

3. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    A bit of a pointless post mate but fair enough if thats how you feel, i own a ps3 and love it i have given up pc gaming more or less now even tho i have a very high end games system because of my ps3 and gaming with the OGC.
    I couldn't be happier with my ps3 and the games i have for it, the future is very bright indeed for the ps3 as it is for all three current gen games machines and to be honest now is just about the best time ever to be a console gamer.

I couldn't justify owning more than one console so i chose the ps3 and i am very glad i did, it's future is the brightest by far however it's all subjective opinion but for me at least the ps3 is the only choice :smashin:

lets not turn this into a console war please, we are adults lets try and act like one

4. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    Mod Comment

The thread will stay open as long as it remains civil and constructive.

This is a PS3 forum and discussion about it is welcome whether it be positive or negative.

:lease:Don't let it degenerate as it usually does.

Dave.

5. jazz lang

jazz lang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't want it to turn into a PS v 360 thing. I just wanted to see if anyone else was feeling the same about a machine that cost over £400 and feels like a waste of money to me at the moment.

6. Kahled

Kahled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    You did get a not too bad priced BD player, still no cheaper alternative that I am aware of. So if you are using the BD side of things then it's still a worthwhile purchase to get a PS3 and anything else a bonus.

7. Jonstone

Jonstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
    Currently playing HS, Warhawk and Dirt and loving every minute of it.

When not playing games its used to feed my pj with blu ray and upscaled dvd's.

Couldn't be happier with it, as a games machine it didn't get much use before now but then I never expected it to.

As for price, well if you shop around you can get a new PS3 for not much more than an xbox elite so I don't think it is overpriced now, probably was at launch but then most things usually are.

8. TwoJs

TwoJs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,982
    Not digging at your post again or anything, but I opt for the Black beast(and no not the elite) for the media capabilites apart from anything else and once I pick up my PSP lite in the week and get connected plus start streaming TV when the plug in is out ill be in my element.
    Only thing I am annoyed about is having a loud fan unit which kicks in and dont step back down, me thinks sony are getting a call to replace it very soon me thinks !!

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    I kind of keep forgetting that I have a PS3 :D. That said, i'm not too fussed as there's too much quality stuff coming out on the other two at the moment! I just don't have the time :eek:. If the PS3 had a healthy line up of stuff that I wanted that would only lead to my frustration at having to miss out on more!

It is a decent Blu Ray/DVD player though and that will do for now.

10. Dave

Dave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,401
    Same here to be honest CAS.

I like the PS3 but apart from BR playback and Warhawk there's nowt to make me use it.

It's gonna feel like I've totally abandoned it when Halo 3 gets released but it'll get a reprieve with singstar.:D

11. Mec

Mec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'd have to third that. Mine is mainly being used for blu-ray and as upscaling dvd player at the moment. I have Stranglehold on preorder but recieved an e-mail from Game saying the release as been put back to 26th Oct so tempted to cancel it and pick it up for the 360. Still got Haze to look forward to though :rolleyes:

12. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    these are the games I want for PS3 over sept and oct

Blacksite
    Sega Rally
    Unreal Torney 111
    MOH Airbourne
    Lair
    BIA Hells Highway
    Army of 2

and it gets better in nov :clap:

Oh and ps3 gets switched every day for games and dvd.

13. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I love my ps3, playing r6v online constantly, watching blu rays, surfing the web.

Pro evo/Haze/New Need for speed and tiger woods coming soon. Couldnt be happier.

Will get Halo3 when it comes out next week and once thats completed will be punting the 360.

Only game i may keep the 360 for is mass effect

14. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Me 4th that, its just mainly as a BR player at the minute, and it doesn't see a lot of them, its been a waste of money really, but If I sell it now I doubt I would get a lot for it, still BR keeps me enterained once a month :)

15. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I just hate Sony to be honest, not their consoles but just their attitude to Europe.

I have a PSP and love it and still play it, I have a 360 as I was split between the 360 and PS3 but saw the games comming out and played a 360 and was sold.

The PS3 will get much better, you just have to wait for the games to start rolling out, I don't think of it any less as a games machine, just that Sony's WAY too arrogant and needs to start concentrating on some decent games for it. I would get COD4 for it though IMO as it's fantastic.

16. Kahled

Kahled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163

No you wouldn't get a great deal but I weighed it up, with other considerations, and decided that by the time it has a good stable of quality exclusives the price would not be that far from what I got for it now as trade. That thinking kind of coincided with a concern that the good stable of software situation is a considerable amount of time coming yet and so when it did get there and the PS3 would likely be used in earnest then it would be out of warranty. Wasn't really using the BD side, unlike yourself and others in a similar boat games wise, either so not going to miss that functionality (I hope Geroge Lucas does not back BD now *lol*) for the forseeable future.

So the upshot is a high confidence that I will get the PS3 again later when FFXIII and the likes of GT5 are actually available (probably Xmas 2008 to early 2009 I'm guessing) where the gamble is that I will not have lost against the purchase price at that time and have a new warranty to cover it (being a 360 owner and having had to change the PS3 once has definately made me quite keen on having that warranty to fall back on). So now rather than being a narky and frustrated PS3 owner I have become one looking forward to the new console when the software is there to support it again, a much better feeling (and certainly one less likely to upset people in here :oops:)

If you use the BD and enjoy that then really not a lot of point in dumping it simply because no other appealing priced alternative player.

17. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    The problem is that is how these threads usually end up. Let's hope this doesn't become one of them.

18. tonyk79

tonyk79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I think you have summed it up perfectly. :thumbsup:

19. JAGUAR1977

JAGUAR1977
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Pro Evo, Haze, Stranglehold, GT5P, Sega Rally, 20 odd Blu-rays, around 10 new Blu-ray pre-orders, internet use, DVD upscaling, it's in use every day.

TBH, I don't know many people who have the time to play more than a couple of games at a time, especially when you take into consideration other past times.

20. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    Can I borrow your time machine when you're finished :D. To be honest i've been playing the Sega Rally demo today, but on the 360. The PS3 hasn't even got a demo up yet and that seems to be the case with most games. :rolleyes: How you're playing the games you list I do not know.

21. jazz lang

jazz lang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the post guys, I was just wondering what other people where feeling about their purchase. I am sure in twelve months it wont feel like such a waste of funds and until then I will just need to play the Wii and 360 and watch BRs. I must say I am looking forward to seeing planet earth in HD it is meant to be quality.

22. breadbun

breadbun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    My PS3 gets used every day... even if its only for short bursts. I like it, its a quality piece of kit, feels much less clunky than my 360 and is a smooth operator all round in my opinion. Its the best upscaling DVD player I have ever had... and of course the Bluray as everyone else has mentioned.

Game-wise, I know everyone is different and lead different lives, but I dunno how anyone can play more than one or two games at a time anyway... as for completing a game - thats just not in my vocabulary I'm afraid... yes, there are games and features on the PS3 that I am looking forward to, and wish would hurry up (Little Big Planet, Home, etc), but the best things come to those who wait, and I honestly don't understand how all but the hardcore gamer can complain that there aren't enough quality games to play!

23. JAGUAR1977

JAGUAR1977
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

I'm watching Blu-rays, surfing the net, playing Fight Night online, Virtua Tennis, GT HD with a DFP, Stranglehold Demo, TBH, I doubt if I've ever bought more than 10 games each generation, the GT games alone are my primary interest.

I'd be happy with GT5P and Home this Christmas

24. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    TBH I don't know why anybody would want a 360 and a PS3

I only ever intended on getting one when they were first announced and I waited very patiently for the PS3.
    I only got the Wii for the kids and we struggle trying to fit that in as well as the PS3.

No doubt most of you have a Wii too :rolleyes:
    It's no wonder you have consoles sat about doing nothing :rolleyes:

You don't know your born you lot when I was a lad I had to wait till Christmas for a ZX81 and be thankful for it too :nono::lesson:

:D:D

25. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    It's quite simple for me really. I want to play the very best console games out there and to do that you need all three consoles. :) If I buy say 15 games a year then I want the best 15 console games money can buy (not just say the best 15 on the 360). I want to be able to play MGS4, GT5, Wipeout HD, Forza 2, Halo 3, Mass effect, Bioshock, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid 3, Zelda etc. :)

When I was young (say 8 or 9) and had no real money of my own, I had what my folks would buy (Dragon 32) and made do. I guess that now I can afford them all, why not have the best of all worlds.

I don't necessarily play more games than a person with just one console, but I play an overall higher quality of games, as I have the best of each system to pick from.

Away from games, I also use the 360 to play HDDVD films and the PS3 to play Blu Ray films, meaning that I also get the best of both worlds when it comes to HD films.

26. stoomc

stoomc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    Me too...like yourself I have all 3 and I think it is best as you never have a shortage of games and I only buy the best (in my opinion) games on each platform, not just every game that is "meh, ok then" I play through a game decide if I would go back to it at a later date, if not then I just trade it in! I wouldnt say that I spend any more than say someone with just 1 console.

Regarding the thread title, my ps3 certainly isn't doing nothing. I am hooked on Warhawk and it is my main dvd player now as I think it is the bees knees for dvd playback. I would say my 360 and ps3 get played about the same, followed by the wii...I love the browser on the wii, that's all it is getting used for at the moment, untill metroid prime and Mario (my most wanted game over all 3 consoles actually) come out.

27. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Exactly the same applies to me. Whilst I may not buy any more games then I would if I only had one console owning them all allows me to buy and play the games I want on all three. The last generation I had all three too for the same reason. I don't have enough time to play games like a lot of other people but I divide the time I do have between the three consoles and play the same number of games as if I only had one of them.

I also like the ability to be able to watch both HD-DVD and blu-ray movies.

When I was younger I couldn't afford to have all the consoles but now I can and that is what I choose to do. I have no regrets about it. Unlike a lot of people even those that have more then one console I choose not to complain and whine about the lack of games on the PS3 or the Wii. I know they are on there way and I'm willing to wait. I just make the most of what I have now. At the end of the day there is more to life then just playing games.

28. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    Indeed, in contrast to Billy Hunt, i'd say that I don't know why anyone would want just one of the consoles, when they could have all three! Sure for some, the financial issue of affording the 3 machines is a factor, but that doesn't stop them wanting all three.:) I find that the only people who genuinly want just one console tend to be a fanboy of their chosen brand. Excuses like, "I don't have time to play games on more than one console" just don't hold water as there's simply no reason why owning three consoles means you must buy more games. All it means is that you buy an overall higher quality of game than someone with just one console.

29. jazz lang

jazz lang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I feel that people that own more than one console and have spent around £400 on a GAMES machine that has very little exclusive titles at the moment and the games that come out for it are at least a month behind the 360 and are worse or on a par with a machine that has less power are very much allowed to have a moan about said machine. I know it is not sony fault about the games apart from the exclusives and the fact that they over hyped the machine but people like myself are still allowed to have a moan about it. I know that in a years time I will be very pleased with the PS3 and the games I will be playing on the machine but I feel disapointed that it will take a year and a half to enjoy my purchase. In short I am wanting to have a good moan but to the people that are very pleased with their purchase, I am happy for them. I was just wanting to see how people on this site where feeling as most of the guys I know that have purchased a PS3 feel the same as me.

30. pixels

pixels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +506

You didn't HAVE to buy one mate, no-one forced you to adopt early. Why didn't you wait a bit? Pay less for your machine when more good games are available?