PS3 - D.Digital and DTS bitstream via HDMI ?

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it possible ?

I'm streaming stuff from PC to PS3 - and its all AC3 - but no matter the settings I can't get the PS3 to not decode to 5 channel PCM

any ideas please ?

is it possible ?

I'm streaming stuff from PC to PS3 - and its all AC3 - but no matter the settings I can't get the PS3 to not decode to 5 channel PCM

any ideas please ?

What software are you using to stream?

I stream HD movies with DD 5.1 audio with no issues using TVersity however i believe the PS3 will not playback DTS on streamed or locally stored media files (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If i get a video file with DTS i notice that MKV2VOB specifically re-encodes the audio stream from DTS to AC3.

Have you tried disabling all of the 5.1 and 7.1 PCM options in the PS3 audio settings? this worked for me ;)

thanks - yes via Tveristy - but not DTS

problem is if I disable all 5.1 and 7.1 PCM options I'll have to change each time between DVD and Bluray ... which would be a right pain :(

will try it though - thanks

What software are you using to stream?

I stream HD movies with DD 5.1 audio with no issues using TVersity however i believe the PS3 will not playback DTS on streamed or locally stored media files (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If i get a video file with DTS i notice that MKV2VOB specifically re-encodes the audio stream from DTS to AC3.

Have you tried disabling all of the 5.1 and 7.1 PCM options in the PS3 audio settings? this worked for me ;)

reason for asking this - as you can see from another thread

is the D.Digital / DTS decoding on the PS3 - seems to me rather lacking ....

certainly get an improvement switching to optical anyway - with the big example being Titan AE - see other thread - decoding from PS3 just seems way off wack :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom