• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 - D.Digital and DTS bitstream via HDMI ?

Buckster

Distinguished Member
is it possible ?

I'm streaming stuff from PC to PS3 - and its all AC3 - but no matter the settings I can't get the PS3 to not decode to 5 channel PCM

any ideas please ?

Uridium

Distinguished Member
is it possible ?

I'm streaming stuff from PC to PS3 - and its all AC3 - but no matter the settings I can't get the PS3 to not decode to 5 channel PCM

any ideas please ?

What software are you using to stream?

I stream HD movies with DD 5.1 audio with no issues using TVersity however i believe the PS3 will not playback DTS on streamed or locally stored media files (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If i get a video file with DTS i notice that MKV2VOB specifically re-encodes the audio stream from DTS to AC3.

Have you tried disabling all of the 5.1 and 7.1 PCM options in the PS3 audio settings? this worked for me ;)

Buckster

Distinguished Member
thanks - yes via Tveristy - but not DTS

problem is if I disable all 5.1 and 7.1 PCM options I'll have to change each time between DVD and Bluray ... which would be a right pain :(

will try it though - thanks

What software are you using to stream?

I stream HD movies with DD 5.1 audio with no issues using TVersity however i believe the PS3 will not playback DTS on streamed or locally stored media files (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If i get a video file with DTS i notice that MKV2VOB specifically re-encodes the audio stream from DTS to AC3.

Have you tried disabling all of the 5.1 and 7.1 PCM options in the PS3 audio settings? this worked for me ;)

Buckster

Distinguished Member
reason for asking this - as you can see from another thread

is the D.Digital / DTS decoding on the PS3 - seems to me rather lacking ....

certainly get an improvement switching to optical anyway - with the big example being Titan AE - see other thread - decoding from PS3 just seems way off wack :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom