PS3 Controller won't stop charging...

sumang007

Hey,

I have two Sixaxis pads which I've had since launch last year. Previously they both used to charge normally, and after they were done the LED would stop flashing and they would be shown as "fully charged" on the controller status screen.

However, I recently noticed one of the pads does not do this anymore - instead it will carry on blinking and never confirm that it is fully charged (left it charging overnight to check this).

It works perfectly fine, but I'm just wondering why this is? Can I damage the battery by overcharging it?

Cheers,

Suman

Wingsurfer

Hey,

I have two Sixaxis pads which I've had since launch last year. Previously they both used to charge normally, and after they were done the LED would stop flashing and they would be shown as "fully charged" on the controller status screen.

However, I recently noticed one of the pads does not do this anymore - instead it will carry on blinking and never confirm that it is fully charged (left it charging overnight to check this).

It works perfectly fine, but I'm just wondering why this is? Can I damage the battery by overcharging it?

Cheers,

Suman

Don't know specifically if the battery in the sixaxis can be damaged by overcharging but other rechargable batteries certainly can so I wouldn't like to risk it. In your situation I would time how long the other controller takes to charge from flat & make sure I charge this one for the same timespan

cols

Rechargeable batteries do eventually go kaput, it's just one of those things... If you've had it since launch, and it's been charged / recharged loads, it's probably gone to meet it's maker, it's pushing up the daisies, it's an ex-battery!

fid

IIRC the lights on the sixaxis don't stop flashing when they are fully charged, but the dualshock3 does stop flashing when it's fullly charged

in which case, it's operating fine!

sumang007

colspark, the "faulty" pad holds charge for roughly the same amount of playing time as the other pad though, so there is nothing objectively wrong with it.

fid, I have three oriignal SixAxis pads and the the other ones do stop flashing when fully charged (and also display this on the status screen).

Cheers,

Suman

fid

colspark, the "faulty" pad holds charge for roughly the same amount of playing time as the other pad though, so there is nothing objectively wrong with it.

fid, I have three oriignal SixAxis pads and the the other ones do stop flashing when fully charged (and also display this on the status screen).

Cheers,

Suman

thanks suman

obviously i didn't remember correctly!

cols

Odd... If it keeps flashing that would make me think it's not holding its charge... It's just a li-ion battery in there, they don't last forever.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom