• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Controller WHYYYYYYYYY shakes fist in anger!!!

eaglemmoomin

Prominent Member
This evening I was pottering about on my 360 and I tried the Dark Sector Demo which I enjoyed, so I just trotted down to the shops to buy it. So I got it on the PS3 as by all accounts there are absolutely no differences. Great I thought........got home all excited, fired up the PS3, started the game went to fire gun what the %X£* nothing????Uh I then checked the settings stupid me for assuming the %^&"ing trigger buttons would fire my gun and allow me to aim like it did on the 360 controller setup. Does anybody now if I can reassign the buttons? I just tried and did'nt get too far unless I've been dumb and missed anything:lease:

Other wise I'll have to go return it tommorrow and get it on the 360. Why is the control scheme so bloody arse about t^t? Surely trigger buttons are you know for firing with:(

On another note anybody know of a better controller for the PS3 than the offical ones as imho they are a bit rubbish for shooters.

Boon72

Established Member
i paid about £2 for mine (although i do game on the 360 99% of the time)

eaglemmoomin

Prominent Member

Yeah I've got those too!! They have improved it somewhat but it still does'nt feel quite right to me for shooters, racing games are fine though so thats good:clap:

Problem is L1 is shoot in Dark Sector and its seriously annoying me, I can't stand this, its made me stop playing a game out of frustration I was enjoying only an hour and a half ago. Is it too much to ask for reassignable buttons in this day and age.....sigh:thumbsdow. I'll have to take it back and buy it on the 360 so I can actually use the bloody triggers; total cack not happy............

eaglemmoomin

Prominent Member
To an extent. I don't really care if controller button reassignment is provided by the PS3 OS or the developer. In fact that would the best way. That way each user could define his or her prefered controller set and then each game would take the control settings from the PS3. Its not even something that should be that hard to do as I'd expect that all of the controller I/O (ie buttons, rumble etc) is via a provided API instead of the developer having to do it directly.

Billy Hunt

Established Member
I guess it depends what your used to I still sometimes go for X to shoot or accelerate. :rolleyes:

I'm getting old :(

cols

Prominent Member
To an extent. I don't really care if controller button reassignment is provided by the PS3 OS or the developer. In fact that would the best way. That way each user could define his or her prefered controller set and then each game would take the control settings from the PS3. Its not even something that should be that hard to do as I'd expect that all of the controller I/O (ie buttons, rumble etc) is via a provided API instead of the developer having to do it directly.

but each game has it's own unique controls...:confused:

i don't see how it could work, to be honest, too many variables on what each button can do. Afaik it'll always be up to the game developers to include customisable button options, if dark sector doesn't then i agree that it is a bit daft of them...

phil_75

Established Member
This evening I was pottering about on my 360 and I tried the Dark Sector Demo which I enjoyed, so I just trotted down to the shops to buy it. So I got it on the PS3 as by all accounts there are absolutely no differences. Great I thought........got home all excited, fired up the PS3, started the game went to fire gun what the %X£* nothing????Uh I then checked the settings stupid me for assuming the %^&"ing trigger buttons would fire my gun and allow me to aim like it did on the 360 controller setup. Does anybody now if I can reassign the buttons? I just tried and did'nt get too far unless I've been dumb and missed anything:lease:

Other wise I'll have to go return it tommorrow and get it on the 360. Why is the control scheme so bloody arse about t^t? Surely trigger buttons are you know for firing with:(

On another note anybody know of a better controller for the PS3 than the offical ones as imho they are a bit rubbish for shooters.

you can i used r2 cant remember how but definitely can!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom