ps3 controller not working in Ubuntu

pinkpuff

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a PS3 controller and a cord but not a PS3. I'm trying to use it as a joystick on my computer but it doesn't seem to be acknowledging that I have anything plugged in at all, let alone recognise it as a joystick.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I don't have a bluetooth receiver. I've tried scouring the net for information, but they all seem to say that if you're connecting the PS3 controller to the computer by USB without bluetooth that it should just be recognized out of the box. However, I'm not getting anything.

Also of note is that none of the lights flash or come on at any time, and the PS button does nothing at any time.

If anyone has any info and/or links that may be of help please let me know...

Thanks!

Don't think it will be recognised by the PC. Pretty sure you need to do it via Bluetooth and even then I'm not sure about Ubuntu either.

Could be wrong though. Just know people in the PC section who are using it so you could always ask in there.

I picked up a bluetooth receiver after but it didn't help.

I tried following the steps in those articles but I can't get sixpair to acknowledge that I have anything plugged in. It comes back with "No controller found on USB busses".

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom