PS3 - COD4 online problems??

ash_s3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Im having problems getting to play COD4 online.
I either get one of two problems..

Click on Multiplayer - click play online - then it comes up with the Playstation'R' Network screen with my user name in the box on the right but nothing happens. My Rank doesn't appear, cursor wont move, no buttons do anything, have to reset the machine manually.

Or...

Click on Multiplayer - click play online - then it comes up with the Playstation'R' Network screen with my user name in the box on the right - DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS appears and just gets stuck on that, again i have to manually reset the machine.

Sometimes it will play fine but other times i get these errors over and over again, really pissing me off now, is it the machine? the disc? the network?

Help!
thanks

I had the same problem.
I recommend resetting your router. :)

Thanks for that, but when i reset my router - it looses all its settings. Dont fancy having to ring-up tiscali again! :boring:

Hello,

I have cod4 on the ps3 i was lv 33 if i gonna play stays u are lv 1 i think ***
if i was log out lv 1 i was gonna play was lv 3 egain and i was go to control if it was egain and yeah it do egain lv 1 does any1 know how to save or whatever thx please mail me or enter me thx

Hello,

if i was log out lv 1 i was gonna play was lv 3 egain and i was go to control if it was egain and yeah it do egain lv 1 does any1 know how to save or whatever thx please mail me or enter me thx

Um, what??

Hello,

What a superb post.

Unfortunately I cannot make absolutely head nor tails as to what you were asking.

My only guess, you were level 33, and for some reason your stats have reset to level 1, you have played a bit and are now level 3.

If so what are you asking, how this happend?, how to get back to level 33?, can I ask did you perhaps get up to lvl 55 and prestige?

Hello,

I'm sorry but that was just a noise.

Does this thread come with subtitles?

Hello,

I know english, not spanglish m8.:rotfl:
Rephrase the message and this time make it understandable:smashin:

hi, my cod4 plays fine offline but whenever i go online it skips and freezes and i have hardly any control over what my character is doing?!?
It has always worked fine but not now.
It logs me into playstation network fine but seems to keep logging me out,
My other games dont work either they say the server is unavailable or cant be detected... :s
I've done connection tests and reset my wireless and reconnected it to my ps3 but nothing works :(
My PC works fine and it is also running from the same wireless so i dont know what to do!!!
HELP!!?? :lease:

hi guys,

i cant get online on my cod4 but i can play offline,
i click on multiplayer - i click on play online - then find match and then it just comes up with DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS...:mad:

help :lease:!!!
thanks

hi guys,

i cant get online on my cod4 but i can play offline,
i click on multiplayer - i click on play online - then find match and then it just comes up with DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS...:mad:

help :lease:!!!
thanks

Been doing this a lot with me recently as well. The solution is actually posted at the top of this thread, but for the sake of completness, just turn your router off (it says above for 5 mins, but i just turn it off wait 10 seconds and back on again) and all is then good.:thumbsup:

I almost threw my controller into either my TV or one of my 3 fishtanks less than an hour ago.

If its not 'Downloading Game Settings' its signing me out of PSN, if its not that and I actually get into a game, it gets stupidly laggy then cuts me off, or better yet, sometimes I finish a game, and then get disconnected on the scores page, and nothing counts.

Hence why Ive just this minute borrewed COD5 off a mate, and going to shoot some Nazi's instead.

/rant

Ash

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom