PS3 COD black ops help please on assisted aiming

petereb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello I am new to the forum and I have been trying to find someone to ask if they can help me with a problem, when I play this game in multiplayer which I have only used for a few weeks , in the single player games I can get the assisted aiming sight to work, but when I try to play in multiplayer The deathmatch games Free For All these are the Nuketown missions etc, if I aim with the right stick towards an enemy then press L1 the sight does not jump to them as it should do when Assist aim is working properly, so of course I am unable to kill hardy any enemies as I just can not keep the sight on them when they are running etc, do you think my game is at fault or maybe some other problem, I would very much appreciate any help on this problem as it is stopping me play in multiplayer matches.

The aim assist is a lot less in multiplayer, I would have said it's non-existant but there's a subtle "pull" if you're ADS'ing and a target moves in your cross-hairs. It's not a fault of the game, you just have to learn to aim better.

ok thank you all for the replies I sure donno how some of them on there can aim as they are running so fast but I guess they are real good gamers, and I think I am too slow really but thanks for the help at least I know the Assisted aim does not work in the multigames . . . Reb . . .

I think you are getting things mixed up, on the single player you can toggle between enemies by doing something like holding R2 and tapping L1 (its been a long tine since I played the SO)

On the multi player you can't do this, you have to locate and aim yourself, there is mild aim assist a mentioned but its not what you get in SP.

I think you are getting things mixed up, on the single player you can toggle between enemies by doing something like holding R2 and tapping L1 (its been a long tine since I played the SO)

On the multi player you can't do this, you have to locate and aim yourself, there is mild aim assist a mentioned but its not what you get in SP.

Hello I never knew that you could toggle between enemies. what my problem is it is hard to get the right stick aim onto someone running in the SP you can get just towards them then press l1 and the site goes on the enemy, I think I have to be faster to do it somehow as I get killed nearly every time . How do they shoot ypou so fast when they are running, I wonder also can you tell me if when you want to but a DLC ( I think they are called) can you pay with Paypal . . . :)

I wouldn't buy the DLC if I were you.

And literally just keep on playing and you'll eventually get better at killing people and snapping onto targets.

Keep your sensitivity low while you learn.

JD and Det are right. Stick to combat training (if you're playing on Black Ops) and stick to a low sensitivity. Also the more you play the better you'll get.

I wouldn't buy the DLC if I were you.

And literally just keep on playing and you'll eventually get better at killing people and snapping onto targets.

Keep your sensitivity low while you learn.

Hello ok I will not get the DLV as you suggest and I will practice in the other game when your in a team, Thanks

JD and Det are right. Stick to combat training (if you're playing on Black Ops) and stick to a low sensitivity. Also the more you play the better you'll get.

Yes I am on Black Ops and I will get it a lot of practice as you suggest, but what do you mean about keeping my sensitivity low . . . . ?

Last edited:
Your aim sensitivity. It's in the options. I think the default is 2, but you may want to set it to 1 while you learn.

Yep when you're learning the game it's best to have a low sensitivity so your aim isn't all over the place. When you get better you can increase it which is probably the reason why you're surprised by people killing you when running and not facing you directly.

Your aim sensitivity. It's in the options. I think the default is 2, but you may want to set it to 1 while you learn.

Many thanks and I will set it to 1 as you suggest actualy I turned it right up thinking it would help me making me faster to react but seems not the case thanks . . .. . :)

Yep when you're learning the game it's best to have a low sensitivity so your aim isn't all over the place. When you get better you can increase it which is probably the reason why you're surprised by people killing you when running and not facing you directly.

Ok thanks a lot for this help,ht up. I just cannot understand how people can run about and still shoot me without seemingly even aiming at me as they do it so fast cannot see how then can ever get me in thier sights, I have to stop move the right stick sight to then then press L1 to look down the sites.

Which is the easiest gun to use I am on the red dot but wonder if an open sighted gun would be easier to sight up I am sooooooo slow at the game.

You should probably be camping until you get the hang of aiming down.

I mean seriously with a back to a wall in an area that will get a lot of traffic. People will hate you for it, but you'll learn the hardest part, aiming. It'll probably be a slow trek if you've never played FPS's before, but you'll get it.

Then after you've got a decent grasp on aiming (and upping your sensitivity to probably no more than 3), you can start running around more.

I do a lot of ambushing the other players hiding and waiting for them to pass by, least I get a chance to kill a few of them, I have never played on multiplayer games before in fact only a few weeks ago a friend set it all up for me and registered me on to the net, I like the games often better than when I just played single player games, but what I do find is the other players are soooo fast and I have problems of getting them in sight before they kill me, I am on sensitivity 1 and it is better but still I get killed mighty fast, but it is good fun and I am enjoying it dispite the constant deaths I get . . . Still not sure what gun would bebest for me I am using a red dot type at present.

Still not sure what gun would bebest for me I am using a red dot type at present.

Red dot sight is a good choice as your view isn't obscured by the iron sights. once you get used to the aim of the weapon you use you can take the red dot off and start using silencer to help you stay off the radar.

Remember use assault rifle for medium/big maps and submachine gun for small/medium maps.

Best AR which has low recoil is probably commando or galil in my experience. Move to famas once you're better as it's probably the best ar in the game.
Best SMG is ak74u.

Re perks use ghost or hardline, sleight of hand, ninja (if you like being stealthy).

With ghost use 3, 5, 7 killstreaks uav, care package, attack heli.
With hardline use 3, 4, 5 or 7 uav, cuav, care package or attack heli.

Follow the above and you'll learn the game quickly enough to be decent come Black Ops 2 :D

I would agree with NH, but I would start with the Famas as it really is the best in the game. If the recoil (up and right) is too much, then try the Aug (more circular). I would also say the Spectre is the best SMG in the game, but often gets underutilized because it's available so late in the game. I would put the AK74u as a close second (though the 74u has more attachments available).

KS I would use Spy Plane (3), Counter Spy Plane (4), Napalm (5). Place Napalm where you see the red dots on the map and with a trajectory of their likely direction of travel (it's best to use when you have a UAV up).

Either way, his advice is good too, might even work better for you than mine. Each person finds their niche that works for them and won't be able to play like another person with a different style or thought process.

Just remember to have fun with it too. If that means planting C4 around a corner and waiting for people to pass and then blowing them up (by pushing Square twice instead of keeping the detonator in your hands) to watch them explode, then so be it :)

I would also add that if you are starting to find you are running more - try practicing hip firing (use steady aim perk) this works well in Black ops game as its more balanced and play style is similar to COD4 - have a cross hair and as u run fire from hip and keep on the person ( u can then bring in the ADS ) mid way if you like

Once I got the hang of it, it improved my game massively, also switch to a tactical layout on your controller settings - so that u can learn to drop shot and duck behind cover quicker...

As everyone else has said, just practice, it will eventually come good

Wow many thanks to you all for all this tasty advice and a lot for me to remember so I have wrote it all down, I can see now the best guns to use I guess you get better ones once your level gets up more, I do not understand a lot of the game like when you choose Spy Plane amd Napalm I dont know what these do really and how to use them, but then older minds store less information and these games are real fast for me and has to be easier when your younger and have more nimble fingers and of course reactions are a lot faster when your younger, but hey I am enjoying playing online but only just started at this, but I do find it so much better then the single player games I have played for many years, this is a whole new game for me but soooooo fast but I will do all the advice you all have given me and, maybe will get better as said when Black Ops 2 arrives, in single player I was not keen on this game at all but since multiplayer it is a whole new ball game, so many thanks to you all and keep the advice coming as I can do with all the help I can get. I am so surprised at all the help I have been given on here and I really do appreciate it all . . . Reb . . .

When you get a 3 killstreak you will get a UAV. You activate it by pressing right on the Dpad. Then the box in the upper left corner is your radar. It will show people as red dots every few seconds. This tells you where the enemy is unless they are using Ghost as perk 1.

Wow many thanks to you all for all this tasty advice and a lot for me to remember so I have wrote it all down, I can see now the best guns to use I guess you get better ones once your level gets up more, I do not understand a lot of the game like when you choose Spy Plane amd Napalm I dont know what these do really and how to use them, but then older minds store less information and these games are real fast for me and has to be easier when your younger and have more nimble fingers and of course reactions are a lot faster when your younger, but hey I am enjoying playing online but only just started at this, but I do find it so much better then the single player games I have played for many years, this is a whole new game for me but soooooo fast but I will do all the advice you all have given me and, maybe will get better as said when Black Ops 2 arrives, in single player I was not keen on this game at all but since multiplayer it is a whole new ball game, so many thanks to you all and keep the advice coming as I can do with all the help I can get. I am so surprised at all the help I have been given on here and I really do appreciate it all . . . Reb . . .

It just takes time mate. I remember my brother in law when he started playing. He literally was shooting birds in the sky his aim was that bad. Fast forward a few months and hes beasting his way round maps. Combat Training will be a good help, get to know the maps and where the danger areas are etc. After a while you will get used to which weapons work best in certain situations. Hip firing is a must on close encounters. Its hard work to put it into practice though if your already in the bad habit of bringing your sights up each time. This is something i used to do and it took a while to break that habit.

How old are you OP? I know that several on here are in our 40's (feel the magic being the grand dad)

Just practice as people say and don't be disillusioned at poor scores, I'm not (I so am but that's cod's fault)

How old are you OP? I know that several on here are in our 40's (feel the magic being the grand dad)

Just practice as people say and don't be disillusioned at poor scores, I'm not (I so am but that's cod's fault)

Ere well donno if I ought to say my actual age as maybe I will be an outcast as I know many on the games are young and forty year old are also young to me. But if you promise you will not all abandon me and I will maybe confess my age . . . . . ????

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom