PS3 "Classics"

SPURS1882

Hi All

Does anyone know if there Sony will be issuing PS3 classics?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Personally I always stay away from these unless there is no other way of getting the game. They may be cheaper but I can't stand the greatest hits packaging they use and much prefer the original artwork and cases. The platinum/classics/greatest hits versions look tacky.

Usama

Distinguished Member
Personally I always stay away from these unless there is no other way of getting the game. They may be cheaper but I can't stand the greatest hits packaging they use and much prefer the original artwork and cases. The platinum/classics/greatest hits versions look tacky.

Yep, i know it it is because of the cases/covers. :rotfl:

D

Deleted member 92943

When they launch these 'Budget titles' again you'll see that the ones already in the shops will also drop in price. Grab them quick before you are forced to buy these horrid looking ones

I wouldn't mind Resistance again for £20 new

SPURS1882

Are you going to play the packaging or are you going to play the disc :rolleyes:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Are you going to play the packaging or are you going to play the disc :rolleyes:

It may sound trivial to you but it's not to others like myself. Apart from the fact those rereleases look horrid they aren't consistant with the rest of my games. Looking at my collection of games on the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, 360, PS3 and Wii I only have two of these greatest hits games. I don't even buy promo copies for that reason.

The two I have are Super Monkeyball 2 for the Gamecube and Devil May Cry for the PS2. SM2 I got for my nephews but ended up keeping it ( long story ) and DMC I got second hand really cheap and I bought it after it became really hard to find the original release.

There is nothing wrong in being picky about the aesthetics of ones collection.

iddqd

I'm not a fan of the Classics boxart either, I only have 1 game. I'm also picky about the spines on the PAL games, the horrible and bland white text.

mickus66

If I get to keep an extra 20 quid in my pocket - I couldn't care if they shipped it in soiled toilet paper! :D

Moogle

Distinguished Member
If I get to keep an extra 20 quid in my pocket - I couldn't care if they shipped it in soiled toilet paper! :D

If you don't leave too late and buy the game soon after it gets reissued on the classics label you can pick up the same game in it's original packaging for the same cost as the price will drop on those too. Therefore it shouldn't really be a problem picking up the original release for the lower price.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member

You might not but I think the PS3 will :D

I to think the box art is rubbish on these budget range, however, it would stop me from buying one. I'm sure you could download the original sleeve off the net, print it off and away you go (or is that illegal??? :rolleyes:)

ProDelgado

I got an email from my Sony rep today confirming that a selection of launch titles are dropping in RRP to £24.99. I'll post the full list when I'm in work, but it includes Resistance, Ridge Racer and Motorstorm, I think there were 7 titles in total.

Obviously the trade-in values of these are going to drop, so get rid of them tomorrow if you've been considering it!

PS: The cost price of this range is £17+vat, so at RRP us retailers will be making £5 per title in theory, bet they'll be £19.99 online though!

internetuser

Cool, still need to pick up the launch titles, RR7, Motostorm, RFOM and Ninja Gadien cheap.

CEX have them for 15quid now, so hopefully the price will drop more :D

Zeromajor

I noticed game had rr7, motostorm and resistance pre-owned prices down to £14.99 yesterday which seemed odd - probably something to do with this.

ProDelgado

These are the titles;

• Genji Days of the Blade
• Formula One Championship Edition
• MotorStorm
• Resistance Fall of Man
• Ridge Racer 7

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Think i'll pick up F1 champ, as i have the rest apart from genji which i have no interest in.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
As I mentioned in the previous thread we had regarding the release of these budget titles in Japan I'm very picky when it comes to game packaging and can't stand the new greatest hits/classics/platinum artwork on the cases. I've already got Resistance and Motorstorm and have no interest in F1 or Genji but might pick up RR7 if I can find it for the same price in the original packaging.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio