PS3 + Buffalo Linkstation Live + Twonky streaming

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by onemeg, Jan 31, 2009.

1. onemeg

onemeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - just wanted to do a post as I've recently bought a PS3 as I was sick of the 360 not streaming what I want.

I have a wired (using homeplug) and wireless network (Sky router) and have been frustrated with the Xbox 360 capabilities. Fussy with the files it'll play and the speed of streaming imho poor (photos taking too long to load and v. choppy video).

I've taken the plunge and bought a PS3 and I'm really happy with the capabilities so I thought I'd post For Info really.

I'm running a Linkstation NAS drive with Twonky (4.11 I think) installed. The PS3 pretty much plays anything I throw at it and happily uintegrates with the Twonky server.

It's even streaming videos wirelessly (something the 360 wan't happy doing and I had to homeplug it)....

TBH I've bought the PS3 as much for the media as for gaming but I'm v.v. satisfied with it.

Apart from the Twonky install on the NAS everything has been plug and play.

Maybe not new news but as I took a while before taking the plunge it was a big suprise how far ahead the Ps3 is compared to 360 in this respect.