PS3 broken?

Golf_turbo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was playing my 60GB PS3 last night and after about 30 mins the speakers made a loud weird noise and my PS3 turned off?!

Later that night watching a DVD and samething?

Anyone else had this? How much do Sony charge, on average, to fix a PS3. As I am out of warrenty!

Hi,

I would call 01923653598 this is Sony's careline number they will be able to go through a few checks with you and if they need to replace your ps3 they will do so.

As for prices etc I'm not sure I was never asked for a receipt or anything just gave them the serial number off the back of the ps3 and they then said they'd get a courier out to do a straight swap.

Thanks,
Phill

Hi,

I would call 01923653598 this is Sony's careline number they will be able to go through a few checks with you and if they need to replace your ps3 they will do so.

As for prices etc I'm not sure I was never asked for a receipt or anything just gave them the serial number off the back of the ps3 and they then said they'd get a courier out to do a straight swap.

Thanks,
Phill

Thanks. Were you in warrenty though? As I am not!

Thanks. Were you in warrenty though? As I am not!

Mine was out of warrenty by a month and Sony replaced it FOC no problem at all. Not sure how long their good-will gesture will last for though...

@ Mickus: So Sony replaced a 60 gb PS3 with another one ?

@ Mickus: So Sony replaced a 60 gb PS3 with another one ?

Yes they have to do a like-for-like swap, there is suppoisngly some law that states Sony has to keep a certain % of 60gb models available for any customers whose 60gb models break down.

The Sony support line also confirmed they have to do a like-for-like swap as well.

They repair them!
So the PS3 you give to sony will be "remanufactured" as Sony call it, then sent to someone else. Like the circle of life! (no wait! Thats the lion king?!)

If you look at the console sony give you, it's serial number will start with "08-" which means it's "remanufatured".

Yeah mine was exchanged yesterday and was a remanufactured unit. I was 1week away from mine being out of warranty but was told the new one will have 3 month warranty.

What i did find interesting was that the courier said he had already exchanged 5 units this week just in my town so I think I will pay for the Continuous Play warranty as they seem to go wrong alot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom