Ps3 Broken Help Wanted Asap!!!!

Fanners

Established Member
Reaction score
:lease:Thanks for looking in the thread. Im not in the best of moods at the moment, the reason being is as follows....... I do not have cash to waste and i have saved up for a while now to buy a hd tv as i have a ps3 and really want to play it through HD. So i bought one it arrived yesterday and today went to play a bit on GTA before settin up my new set and GTA froze. So i pressed the ps button and clicked on "quit game" it didnt do anything so i then though oh crap and attempted to reset the console by the switch on the front. That didnt work so i had to resort to the switch on the back. When i turned the ps3 back on with GTA in it it couldnt recognise that any disk was in there. So i switch it off again (from the button on the front) Then when i turned it back on it recognised GTA was there this time so i went to play on it again. It then started to load and then went back to the main menu and said something along the lines off unable to read...... (80....) cant remamber the code or exactly what it said but u get the drift. SO at this point i had broke into a sweat lol and didnt know what the :censored: was goin on. i have tried everything i can think of and at one piont it did play a blue ray dvd, i thought woooooo its workin but GTA didnt work. Now whatever disc i put in there it doesn't recognise that there is a disk in there and when it does doesn't read it anyway. My friend online had this happen to his ps3 but his shop fixed it, he didnt even have a recipt (i cant find mine) but i dont think my local shop will be so friendly.
so-
1. Anyone had this happen to them?
2. What did u do?
3. What's Sony's help line number?
4. HELP IM DYEING HERE!!!!!!!!!:lease::eek::(:mad::confused::rolleyes::thumbsdow (all emotions im feelin lol)

many people are reporting freezes on GTA, have you reset the console by holding the power button once you have powered it up?

My PS3 died yesterday, although in a different way to yours (it wouldn't power up).
If you can't find a solution anywhere I would recommend you ring up sony, as they're now replacing mine even though it was out of warranty! :)

My PS3 died yesterday, although in a different way to yours (it wouldn't power up).
If you can't find a solution anywhere I would recommend you ring up sony, as they're now replacing mine even though it was out of warranty! :)

Did u need proof of purchase as i cant find my recipt?

Nah, I wasn't asked for any proof of purchase. All they wanted was my address and the serial number thats printed on the back of the ps3. :thumbsup:

Rang Sony and told them exactly what happened they said that they would send me a new one ASAP and were really apologetic that it was going to be a whole week before the new one arrives...... i know a whole week:eek: lol. I am really impressed, it was outside its guarantee but Sony still said that they will change it for a brand new console free of charge!!!! brilliant im chuffed :D. Great customer service!!!!! I am surprised they were so good about it the only thing they questioned me on is whether i had ever dropped it as long as i hadn't done that they are happy to exchange what a brilliant company Sony are in every way. That tv i just bought as well......its a Sony Bravia (good choice i think) Thanks for all your help lads it much apprieciated.:clap: :arty:

Might actually do some revision now lol nothin else to do :rolleyes:

yeh i should really start that as well, what with the exam tomorrow, curse the ps3, will be the end of me. this could be a blessing in disguise for you :D.

yeh i should really start that as well, what with the exam tomorrow, curse the ps3, will be the end of me. this could be a blessing in disguise for you :D.

Thats what my mum said....... ah mum..... perhaps she did it lol:rotfl: Where u from? il add u if u like when i get my new profile on PSN

you wont need to set up a new PSN i dont think? Just log in with your usual email address and password and it should load up your PSN account. :thumbsup:

(Someone correct me if im wrong)

Yea thats what i initially thought but my friends said that i am wrong. I think he tried because his broke, but im not 100%

Just want to say that Sony Customer Support is brilliant. I had no problems with them after my bro's 40GB PS3 died (drive problem - could'nt read ANY disc). And better still replacement comes tomorrow (next day) though probably a refurb. Still, I'm happy.

Microsoft on the other hand are awful. My 360 Elite died and not only do I have to supply my own coffin for it it will take 2 to 3 weeks for a replacement. And that 360 was as old as the 40GB PS3. Sony wins here, big time!!

Thing is GTAIV was involved with both "deaths" as they were in the machines when they died. Coincidence or proof of GTAIV being a console killer?

Just want to say that Sony Customer Support is brilliant. I had no problems with them after my bro's 40GB PS3 died (drive problem - could'nt read ANY disc). And better still replacement comes tomorrow (next day) though probably a refurb. Still, I'm happy.

Microsoft on the other hand are awful. My 360 Elite died and not only do I have to supply my own coffin for it it will take 2 to 3 weeks for a replacement. And that 360 was as old as the 40GB PS3. Sony wins here, big time!!

Thing is GTAIV was involved with both "deaths" as they were in the machines when they died. Coincidence or proof of GTAIV being a console killer?

cowinkydance me thinks.

you wont need to set up a new PSN i dont think? Just log in with your usual email address and password and it should load up your PSN account. :thumbsup:

(Someone correct me if im wrong)

I can confirm you just need to enter your previous email address and password used on the broken PS3. Mine died last week got my new PS3 on Monday typed in my old email address and password and it all worked.

Its just then a case of re-downloading stuff off PSN you have previously bought/dl'd. Oh and the PS3 will come with the latest firmware pre-loaded for you as well.

Thanks,
Phill

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom