PS3 Blue Ray & DD

The Gooner

Novice Member
Just tried a blue ray dvd in ps3

I cant get it to playbck in DD 5.1

I have PS3 connected to denon amp via optical, I also have it connected component to amp for vid switching, whilst I have had games in DD i cant seem to get DVD playbck in DD, any ideas, I have been through set up and cant see what is missing.

Any help is appreciated
Cheers.

kendoll

Novice Member
Just tried a blue ray dvd in ps3

I cant get it to playbck in DD 5.1

I have PS3 connected to denon amp via optical, I also have it connected component to amp for vid switching, whilst I have had games in DD i cant seem to get DVD playbck in DD, any ideas, I have been through set up and cant see what is missing.

Any help is appreciated
Cheers.

Can't check at the moment as I have friends playing the wii :))), but have you checked the Blu-Ray sound settings as they are different to the normal game settings?

The Gooner

Novice Member
yes,

I have tried them on both, Bitstream and pcm stream thingy

Cant seem to get it to jump to DD

The Gooner

Novice Member
anyone know??

hodgyboy

hi gooner,i have same problem though i found out it is the film itself,the film is night at the museum which uses dts hd soundtrack,apparently all fox home video films use this soundtrack on their blurays,all i get is stereo sound out of two tallboy spkrs,i now understand that i need a new hdmi enabled amplifier,looking at the denon 2307,i read that u have a denon,if that amp has hdmi input u should connect that way to get sound.let me know how u get on...........

M

matti 5

i had the same problem

i set the ps3 to bitstream

then on the disc select audio then select english 2

this got DD5.1 on my amp

the blu-ray was resident evil apocalypse

hodgyboy

Where did u get night at the museum from? Didn't think it was out til 24th?

Hi,got mine from choices uk,£17.98 delivered a week ago

The Gooner

Novice Member
cheers for ideas, i hink i have sorted i by setting it to bitstream on ps3,

My denon amp hasnt got HDMI inputs, I have it connected up with optical lead, i thought DTS should carry over this cable any way.

M

matti 5

cheers for ideas, i hink i have sorted i by setting it to bitstream on ps3,

My denon amp hasnt got HDMI inputs, I have it connected up with optical lead, i thought DTS should carry over this cable any way.

got mine connected with optical too.

ive onl got a couple of blu-rays and they only got DD5.1

i might be wrong but i dont think blu-ray carry dts

Jim_Fear

Novice Member
In the audio settings menu you have ticked the DTS and DD 5.1 boxes haven't you? They're not selected by default with optical (found this out the other night).

tony79

Novice Member
In the audio settings menu you have ticked the DTS and DD 5.1 boxes haven't you? They're not selected by default with optical (found this out the other night).

yeah and bang the output sound whereever you can to bitstream.

Indiana Jones

got mine connected with optical too.

ive onl got a couple of blu-rays and they only got DD5.1

i might be wrong but i dont think blu-ray carry dts

Blu-Rays carry DTS but not all of them, out of the 15+ I have only the Fox titles and Stargate include a DTS track but it works fine through optical on my setup.

oasisnut

Novice Member
i didnt think i could get 5.1 from my set up, but i think i have.
i have my ps3 running through my dvd/home cinema with red and white leads and video running through HDMI to tv.
i thought this would only give me stereo sound... but iam sure iam getting 5.1 it says 5.1 on screen, it says 5.1 on my dvd/home cinema and it seems to be splitting the 5.1 up correctly

Indiana Jones

i have my ps3 running through my dvd/home cinema with red and white leads and video running through HDMI to tv.
i thought this would only give me stereo sound... but iam sure iam getting 5.1 it says 5.1 on screen, it says 5.1 on my dvd/home cinema and it seems to be splitting the 5.1 up correctly

I am pretty sure its impossible to get full 5.1 audio through just the red/white phono cables but you can use them and Pro Logic II to get 5.1

Moogle

Novice Member

It's technically impossible to get 5.1 surround or above using just two phono leads. The best you can get from that is pro logic which is fake surround where it just splits the stereo output into multiple channels. A stereo phono connection does not have the bandwith for proper surround which is made up of discrete channels. I would suspect for whatever reason your setup is giving you the wrong information.

oasisnut

Novice Member
strange, but iam really happy with the quality whatever it ACTUALLY is, i dont care!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom