PS3 Blu-Ray playback on an Optoma HD72i - query?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Coz22998, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Coz22998

Coz22998
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,018
    Anyone watching Blu-Ray from a PS3 on an Optoma HD72i? Unsure of whether to post here or the BD section so I'll take a punt and post here......

I have the HD72i set up so that a 1:85 image fills the screen just about spot on. To do this I have to use a little keystone correction and horiz/vertical image shift but not much. When I watch a 1:85 image via my sd Pioneer 868 or my Toshiba AX1, the image is spot on and fills the screen.

However when I watch a 1:85 bd picture via the ps3, the image no longer fits. There is a noticeable gap at the top of the screen. When I compared a 2:35 image, the same occurs - the image is lower down in the frame of the screen - although its less noticable due to the black bars anyway at the top and bottom of the picture. It almost looks like when watching a 1:85 image on HD-DVD or SD the small black bars needed to fit a 1:78 screen are at the top and bottom of the picture. On the BD, they're all at the top of the screen

I've tried this with a bd and sd of Hellboy and on sd, the image fills the screen exactly, while the bd has this gap at the top of the screen.

Anybody else come across this? While it really isn't to much of a pain to move the image every time I view a bd (and it really is only a couple of nocthes on the pj menu), I could do without it everytime. There are no options within the PS3 menu's to move the image within the screen, so wondered is this anything to do with the HD72i having a 1280x768 resolution rather than a 720 resolution?

Anybody? :lease:

Cheers,

Mark

2. phosty

phosty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - did you sort out this issue? I have an HD-72i and thinking about getting a PS3 so any tips would be appreciated?